Will Edirol UA1000 or Edirol UA-101 work with PCDJ FX?

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by RobClark, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobClark

RobClark New Member

Will Edirol UA1000 or Edirol UA-101 work with PCDJ FX?
    Does anyone know if either (or both) of these sound cards will work with PCDJ FX?

I am running a Toshiba Satellite 17" laptop with 2 external hard drives. I first started out with a Gigaport. Easy to use and works fairly well but with only a 24-bit/48kHz analog I/O, it is not quite up to the standard of wound quality that I would like.

I invested in an M-Audio Firewire 410 that has 24-bit/96kHz analog I/O; 192kHz stereo out. It has worked with PCDJ FX but recently ran into a problem and I think I might have messed up the firewire connection on my laptop.

I want to stay with a 24-bit/96kHz analog I/O; 192kHz stereo out rating of a sound card and see that the Edirol UA1000 and Edirol UA-101 sound cards are USB connection and have this rating. I just want to know, before I spend $700 on a sound card, that it will work with PCDJ FX and that, when I install it and then go under the Config menu, that I will be able to select this device and use it.

Can anyone speak to this or offer any insights?

Thanks.

--Rob Clark

2. Andrew Van Almen

Andrew Van Almen Atomix Productions Inc

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure about the Edirol cards, I'll have to check with support in the morning and get back to you.

Another more cost effective alternative, is the M-Audio Fast Track Pro

It's a 4 x 4 24-bit/96kHz, works great with FX.

Best,

3. RobClark

RobClark New Member

Andrew,
    Thanks for the prompt reply... I actually had been looking at the unit that you mentioned M-Audio Fast Track Pro but was not clear as to whether or not it would allow me the 3 separate outputs that I would need with PCDJ FX and KJ. Does it allow for this?

Also, I am considering the E-MU 1616 Cardbus as a PCMCIA card. I am thinking that this would be better in terms of reduced latency over the USB. Does this card work with PCDJ FX & KJ?

Thanks for any insights that you (and/or others here) can offer.

--Rob Clark

4. Professor_JAM

Professor_JAM New Member

Rob,

I don't know if you are doing Courtship Stories during wedding receptions - but the CG-8 is a very powerful tool as well - http://www.edirol.com/products/cg8/index.html I've had several requests from individuals wanting a workshop focused on this to enhance the power and uniqueness for reception presentations.

p.s. I was in Atlanta for a few days and visited the Georgia Aquarium WOW! Have you done a wedding reception in their hall yet? I sent Bryan my business card to give you on Wed.

[​IMG]

5. Andrew Van Almen

Hi Rob,

If you need three outputs, I'd highly reccomend the Presonus Firebox. I know you mentioned a problem with your Firewire ports? Perhaps a pcmcia firewire card ?

Presonus FireBox

Best,

6. Andrew Van Almen

Rob,

Our tech support said the UA-101 should do the trick. I also just got off the phone with Edirol, I've sent their support team a copy of FX for testing with all of their cards. Will have the definitive word from Edirol soon. I'll keep you posted.

Best,

7. RobClark

RobClark New Member

I just ordered the Edirol UA-101 sound card from Florida Music Co. I'll let everyone know how it works out for me once I get it set up and tested out.
    Thanks.
    --Rob Clark

8. Andrew Van Almen

Rob,

Sloan from Edirol support just called me back. The UA-101 and FA-66 work great. He's going to be testing more cards and call me back later today. One thing with the UA-101, you'll need to go into their configuration and check a box to "separate channels", after you do that, you'll see the separate channels in the drops downs in FX configs.

Best,

9. Dwight

Dwight New Member

Ryan over at PCDJ told me today that the Personus Firebox will work and it has the third output channel that you need for KJ. It's about a $400 box if I remember correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.