Trends In Weddings

Discussion in 'Event Specialties' started by soundmasterdj, Jul 30, 2017.

1. soundmasterdj

soundmasterdj Member

I'm interested in trends (new activities, others no longer relevant) you are seeing with weddings. I've noticed this year that the Garter Toss is almost dead. I feel like the horrible awkward pressure of the guy who catched it to put it on the leg of a woman he doesn't know has helped lead the Garter Toss to its demise. I've recently seen an uptick in requests for The Shoe Game. What have you seen?

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

Dollar dance, wedding party dance's are down. Dollar dance has been for years. Did one last year and it felt like eternity to get through. More personalized grand entrance. Getting more couples that want a different song for when they come into or an individual song for each couple. Are weddings become less formal events and just more fun and more time for dancing?

3. Bill_Goode

Bill_Goode Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

I'm seeing a greater emphasis placed on decor. How does the DJ fit in with the decor/theme?

Pinterest influences have been making their inroads. From what I have seen, it's been about a unique look.

4. bb

bb Well-Known Member

Sadly, what is unique to them us seasoned DJs may have already seen like kind dozens of times. Talk to us first dear bride for input :)