Projectors - Screens And Accesories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase my first projection setup and thought I'd stop by to see what you guys are using. I'd need some type of stand for the projector and a decent screen. What height should the stand be?

Do you guys prefer front or rear projection screens? In theory rear looks cleaner but I've never used one so I don't know if it's any good.

How are you connecting from the laptop to the projector? I use VDJ and a MAC so I'd like to use the same setup I'm djing with for sound. I was thinking of purchasing a 50 foot VGA for the connection as I haven't seen anything affordable that will do a good job at a wireless connection.

Thanks

NickyB

Gear and Equipment Moderator
I use a standard Ultimate TS-66, 6 ft Speaker Tripod for my Dell 2400MP projector with wide angle lens adapter. My screen is a fixed frame 7' diagonal which is suspended above my DJ station from a telescoping pool vacuum pole attached to the top of my speakers via O-Clamps. The speakers are sit atop Ultimate TS-99, 9 ft Tripods.

Hi Nicky,

Do you have pics of that setup? I'm having problems picturing it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mobile Beat mobile app

NickyB

Gear and Equipment Moderator
I'll see what I can do.....it's buried on one of my 5 laptops.

The room was fairly small, holds about 50 people. This was a teen 15th birthday and my setup space in that corner was extremely small; Not enough distance from projector to screen to fill the screen even with the wide angle adapter on my Dell 2400MP projector. About 6 months after this gig, I purchased four 42" TVs and put hanging hooks on them to use with a T-bar on Ultimate TS-99 stands.

This when I realized that a newer wide throw projector would've helped BUT to do that would've eliminated the projectors ability to zoom! ...... an obvious trade off.

Attachments

Last edited:

bb

Rear is better. Less ambient light interference.

Did an auction on Thursday with 12 K10 from our inventory and 4 EXK 15 subs an 3 Dell Mp2400 projector screen setups. It sounded sweet.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I went with the Epson Duet 80-inch screen. I used a regular speaker stand instead of the included one to get it a bit higher. What I really liked about it is that when it's not in use, I can close it and it looks really clean.

Make it a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.