Party Guests And Their Cell Phone Lists

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Calash, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Calash

Calash Coastal Music Services

:hp7:Hi everyone...as we all know technology is ever changing, and we are in the middle of it. Yesterday, wedding for 100, going pretty good, UNTIL, a guest comes up to the table with his cell. Now, I work alone and I am running the wedding in conjunction with the venue staff. He had the nerve to stand right straight in front of my set up holding his cell. He was there on the stage for a good 5 minutes. He really was making me mad, so I continued on like he wasn't around and then BOOM... "Do you have any of these songs" The list said it was the top 20 current club songs. He mumbled something but I could not hear what he said. So I said " why dont you give me your cell, I will go over to the other side of the stage, sit down and look, and you take over for a while. Have a great time!!! I wanted to do that, believe me. This is not an isolated incident. Was just curious as to how the rest of you are handling situations such as this. All in all, success, and a good time was had by all. Later my friends.....Nancy from CMS

2. Ausumm

Ausumm Active Member

I've had people show me their phone and ask, "do you have this song?"
    But never a list.
    I won't play a song off someone's phone at a wedding.
    If they persist, I will ask the bride/groom for their permission. (they usually ask "what song?")

3. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

New recommendation as a new DJ tool ...... a cell phone jammer will kill all cell phone activity with a 300ft radius!

4. Scott Hanna

Scott Hanna Member

"Yes, I probably have most of them, I'll see what I can do. Thanks"

It doesn't bother me where they got their request. Or requests. If it fits, I'll gladly play it. If not, I would have gladly played it, but .....we ran out of time.

I won't let someone stand there. If they come up, I'll talk to them. If I'm in the middle of doing something at that moment, I'll tell them.

For me, it's important to maintain a great attitude regardless of the situation. I find it goes a long way. It's not always easy, I understand.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Ausumm likes this.