Okay, okay. I'll admit it.

Old_Goat

Senior LDJC Member
Sorry so long between, guys. I know it's expo season, but that's when I'm most available. Most of you are aware that I haven't spun a record in ages, but will likely get my second gig of the last ten years any minute, now, scheduled for mid-September.

But I'll admit that I got lead BACK to here from a search for the chimera-like entity of the "last ten" discs of the old "P/O-ETV" Platinum Series. Someone VERY close to me, ;) , has the original 40. Matter of fact, that same person has a complete, (as of 2001), Morgenstern series and a COMPLETE set of Canal St. Ltd "DJ Tools". But that's besides the point.

Back to that gig. I still use CDs. I have no use for nor the time to spend digitizing everything. Why? Because LAST TIME I decided to change format it was a toss-up between CD, Minidisc and .au/.wav! The SECOND I make a decision like that, I'll ruin it for at least half of you!

Earl From CloudNine

Canayjun, Eh!
Howdy Lou. Nice to see you. Are you still in upstate New York? (at least, I seem to recall you moved there from Joisey.) I still have a ton of Promo Only, Morganstern and several lesser known subscription discs gathering dust in my down-stairs store room... I'll probably donate them to the community radio station operated by our nearby First Nations Indian Reserve. My CD days, like the days of lugging milk-crates full of vinyl, are long gone and I don't miss either system one little bit. I still do two, and sometimes three karaoke gigs a week, which makes me (and my back) appreciate that three-pound laptop. And by the way, as much as I loved doing DJ gigs, especially wedding receptions, I really don't miss them either. Life is good.