Life In General....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Oopsupside, May 19, 2017.

1. Oopsupside

Oopsupside New Member

Just in case anyone was wondering "What the hell happened to....?"

I moved back to England in 2009. I didn't really like living in North Carolina so I got on a 'plane and came back to Blighty. Thinking back I wish I had moved back to CA but realistically England was for me.

And so I did a series of high profile gigs and just stopped doing them on a whim (very much like me) I started a costumed tour guide business for a bit of fun and it went a bit crazy busy .... I aimed at all the lovely American tourists that are Mayflower descendants and set this up.... www.onesmallcandle.co.uk and www.mayflowerguides.com

We ended up winning our local newspaper community award.

I am booked solid with visits and talks to schools and amateur theatres which is really gratifying...!

I still run the Google Ads and SEO business and have been working Ads since 1997 B.G. (before Google) (not a sales pitch). This side of my life makes me a nice side earner (tax free) but I find it a bit mind numbing these days

I am 66 this year and am on the full state pension which is nice with our free health service (one of the deciding factors in coming back) . Back in NC for a week in July to see my MIL :/

Life has been good on coming back but I think I surprised everyone by ending up teaching in schools!

Jocking wise I'm going to be doing bigger "Soul Fiesta" party nights in my home county soon so I'm still spinning (can you spin a USB).... Still using OTS AV. I had to cease trading in 2003 as I broke my foot and ankle when I slipped off a stage in San Francisco the fall out from this still plagues me.

Hope you guys are well... Davy www.facebook.com/davidsaunders123

Bill_Goode likes this.
  2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back David. Hope all is well!

3. Bill_Goode

Bill_Goode Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

WAVY!!!! Welcome back!!

4. Cap

Cap Always At Your Service

Kool Dude, back in da houze!!