Got Wireless Mics? They May Soon Be Paperweights.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DJSTEVEZ, Apr 14, 2017.

1. DJSTEVEZ

DJSTEVEZ DJ Emeritus

According to a story in the WSJ the FCC is auctioning/has auctioned off more frequencies. Some of us have been here before. It's probably not a good idea to buy any new wireless.

[​IMG]

2. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

I've moved four of my six wireless mic systems into the 2.4Ghz band using Line6 digitals. I still have two RE-2 EV systems working in the upper end of the 600Mhz band but they'll no doubt be ruled out soon. Fortunately for me, my workload has been seriously curtailed by choice as I've entered my septuagenarian years. It's high time I enjoyed life instead of worrying about keeping my DJ calendar full. I do a gig per month and sometimes less and that's fine ...... leaves more time for golf, bike riding, walking, swimming and enjoying social outings from the patron side down here in sunny Florida!

DJSTEVEZ likes this.
  3. DJSTEVEZ

DJSTEVEZ DJ Emeritus

Good for you Nicky!

I haven't done a gig in circa 3 years and while I miss the actual DJ-ing, I so don't miss everything else, especially humping the gear in and out of venues in all sorts of weather. I also don't miss the Wedding & Mitzvah expos, the marketing, the sales meetings, the prep meetings, the hand holding, the time away from home, etc, etc., etc.

Calash likes this.
  4. BillESC

BillESC Member

The Audio Technica System 10 Pro's are a big seller for me. Digital wireless.

Events, service calls, equipment sales and installations are my day to day grind still.

5. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

At your age, you should be grinding .... If you need a break, you can find me in Ocala, FL

BillESC likes this.
  6. Calash

Calash Coastal Music Services

NickyB...I am jealous. DJ SteveZ, I feel like you today, raining, have to lug the stuff up stairs this afternoon. I can hear my bones creaking now. Unfortunately I won't be EXITING the BIZ for a while. My husband said that I have to stop working him like a rented mule....We must go on. Be well everyone. Nancy from CMS