Anyone Seen This Fixture Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyB

Gear and Equipment Moderator
I got a glimpse of its capabilities and I definitely want a pair .....

Robe MiniMe moving yoke video projector...... 2500 lumen video projector in a yoke with beaucoup internal gobos and accepts an HDMI video in from a PC. I gotta feeling that Santa 's gonna drop a few bucks this Xmas!

JameyBrock

Old Lighting Guy
It is a very nice fixture. I have seen them over the last couple of years (in development, as well)

Very useful, especially for "monograms" on the fly!!!

NickyB

I'm looking forward to using not just video but an endless number of moving gobos. I've been capturing ambients from Windows Media Player then displaying them via ClipBank in VirtualDJ in place of the Sonique standard ambients. With a pair of these fixtures I should be able to project them all over the place.

bb

Santa, bring me a pair too. How much are they? I'm interested.

Nicky, will this be an add-on for $xxx? Or, just another part of your setup.

NickyB

I may "give them away" a couple times just to get 'em out there and show 'em off but after two or three gigs put them into the options arsenal at a price. I'm not sure what they cost yet but according to their other YouTube videos, they're 300 lumen projectors but in a very tight 3.5 degree beam. I'm trying to get a price direct from RobeUSA. I'm also looking into their 3500 series.

My lighting arsenal is shrinking of late. I've been selling off a lot of my older Martin lights and going lighter weight with LED based fixtures. All but 2 of my SCX-500 scanners are gone, all my EGO's are gone, both Wizards are gone, both Punishers are gone and 6 of 8 MiniMac Profiles are gone, 2 of 4 Minimac Washes are gone, both MAC-300's are gone and all 30 PAR-38's are gone. Even my full Dynacord sound system is gone!

Last edited:

NickyB

For sound I'll be using one to three EV ZXA-1 systems (two tops, two subs in each). I also kept my EV SXA-360 tops just for grins. As for the lighting, Not sure how much I'm gonna keep. At this moment I own 8 Blizzard Puck Q12+'s, 2 Blizzard Weather Systems, 30 Chauvet SlimPAR-64 RGB's, 2 Bliss BL-15's, 1 X-Laser MobileBeat RGB with QuickShow ILDA software, 1 ADJ Mystic LED, 1 Chauvet Circus LED, 2 Martin Acrobats plus Hazer and DryIcer from Ultratech.

bb

All great equipment.

One thing I've wondered since I don't own the SXA-360, how does it compare to the QSC K12 or K10, and Yamaha DXR12? If anyone knows please chime in.

NickyB

The only one I've had a side-by-side with is the QSC K-12 (apples to apples). The K-12 has more bottom end but clarity and warmness of sound goes to the SXA-360. IMHO the QSC powered theirs wrong with equal power to both top and bottom but I really do like the versatility of the inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.