1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Wireless MIc Issues

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by stairdiver, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stairdiver

stairdiver New Member

I have a Shure wireless and an EV wireless. Both of them seem to have the same issue. When on they make a noise like a whisping sound or a static type noise. Is there somethin I am doing wrong? These are not the most expensive models but they were $250 range. I have owned cheaper mics that did not do this. I just wonder if it's asetting issue or if they are on a channel that is bad.

Thanks in advance for the info

2. -bp-

-bp- For Position Only

Is there a 1/4 inch jack in use anywhere in the signal path? I would guess it's the signal path, rather than a problem with the mics themselves.

Can you tell how they're hooked up, and to what?

3. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

UHF or VHF? .... what models? Only in a particular facility or everywhere? Using 1/4" phono or XLR outputs?

4. Tom Killian

Tom Killian music.tom

Check the proximity of AC cords around the wireless receiver. An Elvis impersonator I shared a gig with kept getting randon bursts of noise from his wireless mic and in trying to correct the problem, we found that the AC cables in his rack were laying on the receiver and near the antenna. Once those were moved away from the receiver, the random noise disappeared. It seemed to be a "parasitic" thing.

5. djfatman

djfatman Marketing Moderator

Make sure you are not using cheap cords. Cheap cords can pick up stray signals.

6. stairdiver

stairdiver New Member

I am using 1/4 inch cable. The only input on my board (qd5) is a single 1/4 inch. I'm not sure what series the mics are.

7. -bp-

-bp- For Position Only

betcha that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.