1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Where is your mic receiver?

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by Mark Evans, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

Just curious where you mount or keep the receiver for a wireless mic. Is it ok to mount in a case that you put under a table. I'm not sure if that interferes with the signal

2. DJ Jonny T

DJ Jonny T New Member

Front & center - top of my rack for maximum range.

3. Cap

Cap Always At Your Service

1U rack mounted, 4 receivers.

Attached Files:

4. MBM

MBM New Member

Mine are mounted in my rolling rack, no problem in even the largest venue here.

5. Billabong

Billabong Rock Lobster

Mine is mounted in the top space of my rolling rack, which sits under my table. Which is often behind a facade. No issues behind or in front. I'm using a dual mic Gemini UHF receiver.

6. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

Thanks guys. I didn't think there would be an issue but I just wanted to check.

7. -bp-

-bp- For Position Only

In my cases, right underneath my DDJ-S1, or MC 6000...snug as a bug in a rug.

8. dboomer

dboomer Member

A general rule for RF receivers (at least their antennas)is ...

They will work better up in the air than down on the deck. They work better at 4 feet than at 1 foot from the ground, so bottom space in a rack is the worst possible place. The best possible position is usually 6-8 feet up in the air and with the antennas split at least 3 feet apart (which is why you see the pros use remote antennas). Remote antennas, when used properly, probably increase the reliability of your wireless times 3 (OR WAY MORE)

They should not be near any other transmitters (including wireless DMX or wi-fi from a lap top, etc.). Even though the frequencies may be very far apart, being close is like the difference between normal speech at a distance of 4 feet as compared to 1 inch from your ear where it now becomes screaming.

Metal cases or tables will greatly block your signal, so that should be avoided at all costs.

9. djstevieray

djstevieray Somewhere On Hoth

Brian can you post your S1 lineup. I have contacted Odyssey 7 times about a custom case, including phone calls, and I never received a call back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.