1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Song Suggestions Needed For Awards Banquet Music

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Side1DJ, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Side1DJ

Side1DJ Single System Owner 11yrs

I've been searching online for a list of song titles used in awards shows for when the award winner is announced and they come up on stage. I am doing an awards banquet in a week and need to track down some different songs to use. Does anyone have any suggestions on a link for me to get this information or maybe what you've used in the past for something like this?

2. djgop

djgop Owner - 3 system multi-op

Not to be too much of a music snob, I think much would depend upon what type of an award banquet it might be. Would it be possible to share a bit more information?

One that would work for most any show, "Simply the Best."

3. djgop

Group awards:

We are the Champions

4. Side1DJ

It is for a companies annual sales awards banquet for their outside sales team. It is an automotive remanufacturing company with a semi-formal theme. There are several awards presented and I was looking for a few different songs, some with lyrics and some without. When each award winner is announced, I'll play something as they walk up and get their award and then fade it out when the next one is announced.

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

I've used tv and movie themes in the past.
    Most popular Soul Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones
    Theme From Rocky, Match Game, Star Wars Imperial March, American Idol
    Jeopardy Think Music

6. djgop

rock n roll pt 2

I'm too sexy (for the right crowd)

Get ready for this

It would be great if you had a list of each award. Imagine how great it would be to be able to play a song related to that award or person!

Good luck. If I think of some more generic ones, I will post them.

7. djgop

When you said "companies" did you mean "company's" or is this a combined award banquet for more than one company? If it is more than one company, I would play a different genre for each company.

8. aatsaa

aatsaa Member

Depending on the group, you might investigate "car" songs. The other suggestions are good. I've used the beginning of "Praise You" from Fatboy Slim as a transition. Any good, high energy songs will do, and songs like "Taking Care Of Business", and "If I Had a Million Dollars". I thought Scott Faver had a list as well.

Andy

9. djchad

djchad New Member

You guys are on the right track...nice job! I was actually thinking more of the TV theme stuff as well...David Letterman, Tonight Show, Price is Right, and more instrumental. I would probably keep the lyrics to a minimum.

I agree with the songs related to cars also. You can mix those in with the other...maybe check out the "American Graffiti" soundtrack for some ideas of classic songs to throw in.

It would also be nice to have a list of the awards, so you can bring the noise with the top honors!!

Good luck!

10. Side1DJ

ooops....typo. It's actually just one company and the awards are for reaching different sales dollar levels for the year. Not a lot of "different" awards but the above suggestions are all good....just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help and I'll continue to check the post for any additional suggestions.

11. djole

djole New Member

The sabre dance! It is the scrubbing bubbles theme used in the commercials.
    aslo: there goes my hero- foo fighters
    superman main title theme
    she works hard for the money
    lets hear it for the boy
    you can sample out from cha cha slide o the part of- "everbody clap our hands".

just a few more.

12. g-man

g-man Member

Personally, I'd save the Rocky theme for the last.

How about "You Can't Touch This," or "All Star."

13. DJ Jonny T

DJ Jonny T New Member

What about songs used in car commericals? Or 'car' songs? Beach Boys - 409, etc., etc.?

14. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

You can also use parts of songs like:

Money - The O'Jays, Pink Floyd
    Money (that's what I want) The Flying Lizards (or artist of your choice)
    Take Me To The Top - Lover Boy
    Theme from Chariots of Fire

15. Airwolf

Airwolf New Member

Since you never know when the MC or someone else is going to start talking I would definitely stick to instrumental versions of any songs you might play. As mentioned earlier, go for the high energy stuff. The music that makes you feel good.

The amount of time it takes for a person to walk from his/her seat to the stage/podium will vary depending on his/her seat location so your songs all need to "pop" right from the start or you need to set cue points.

Will you also be needing some sort of "wrap it up" music because your time at the podium is over?

Being female perhaps I have a different mind set about this, but I wouldn't use songs with a money or car theme. I would prefer a song with an uplifting, "I'm successful!" feel to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.