1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Small mixer with mono button?

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by maestro, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maestro

maestro Active Member

I use a Numark CD Mix II for ceremonies / back up and it finally broke on me. The right CD side won't cue up, after I load the CD all I hear is slight ticking sound. I have decided to replace it with a small mixer and two MP3 players for ceremony / back up use. I need two mic inputs and two stereo line inputs, one for each MP3 player. I have found a number of small mixers but none seem to have a mono button which I need since I only use one speaker for most ceremonies. Does anyone know of a mixer that would fit the bill? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

2. MBM

MBM New Member

3. Arthur

Arthur Active Member

Hey Maestro,

I've run across the same problem, but are you still using MM? Simply download a stereo to mono plug in for MM. Easy! If you can't find a Direct X plugin (I know you can) you can use a VST plug in by downloading a Direct X, VSt wrapper and then download a vst stereo to mono plug in. Still easy!
    I don't have the links but if you need them I'll set you up!

At one time you posted all the keyboard short cuts to MM do you still have them. Could you post or pm me with them please?

Here's to a fantastic wedding season! I'm ready baby!

4. maestro

maestro Active Member

Thanks Arthur, I'll look into the mono plug-in for MM which I still use. :) For ceremonies though, I tend not to use a laptop because there are a lot of venues where I have to leave my ceremony set-up unattended while I set up my main system inside and leaving a laptop unattended makes me nervous. I also do not like MM's mix-now feature which I like to use to change tracks during a ceremony. I could go LIVE with the preview output instead of the true live output and just fade out of the current song and click the next track, I suppose...

I'll email you the shortcuts which, by the way, you should have memorized by now... Mannaggia! :!:

5. pjlowe

pjlowe New Member

maestro I see the old radio shack mixers on ebay all the time. these are reliable built like tanks and have low noise plus stereo/mono button. I use rwo for my rental systems and never had any problems with them. plus you can pick one up for 25-50 bucks depending on the seller. I looked at ebay and craigslist. I didnt see any but they do become available. I know I will get flamed for considering this but I gotta go with what has worked for me.

6. maestro

maestro Active Member

Thanks guys. I have an old but VERY reliable Gemini mixer that I think I'm going to break out of retirement until I figure out what I want to do...

7. Arthur

Arthur Active Member

Thanks Maestro!

8. Ninja Tunes

Ninja Tunes DJ Tunes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.