1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

OT - The Three Stooges

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mark Evans, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

I haven't been to the movies since 2003 but this movie looked so good I had to see it. Being a Stooge fan it was everything I thought it would be and more. The characters and timing was very well done. Sound effects and even the classic lines were spot on. For a good clean family movie it was awesome. Love stupid comments on review sites like, 1 star because the original stooges were shorter than these guys. What this movie does is introduce a whole new generation (if not 2) to who the stooges were and what good, not gross, comedy is all about.

2. unlimitedsounds

unlimitedsounds Active Member

Havnt been to a movie since 2003??? Really???? LOL!!! Anyway, I cant wait to see the stooges movie. I watched a preview on ROKU and then a funny interview with the guys in character.... Very funny!!!

3. DJ-JC

DJ-JC New Member

I can't wait to see it. Even if (big if) the movie is really bad it would not bother me at all. Afterall, I will be watching a tribute to three great people in a movie theater (not a Bio on TV). By the way, I read that the Farley brothers are donating some of the movie's proceeds to the families of the stooges because they (and the stooges) never recieved a dime after they were made.
    dj-jc

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

Yes seriously since 2003. A few reasons. 1 I paid $77 for the family to see Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion. Tickets, soda, popcorn and candy. I wanted to walk out of the theatre but the kids wanted to stay. 2. We got Netflix and of course a home theatre system so what was the point. Only a few movies I wished I would have seen that theatre.

5. Old_Goat

Old_Goat Senior LDJC Member

I was always a big Stooges fan! I will probably wait for it to get to Netflix, but I just might have to go!

Oh, yeah...the last time I was in a theater was Star Wars....

6. adjtogo

adjtogo Active Member

Sounds great, but I am not paying $8-$12 to see a movie that at the theater, plus have the inconvenience of having people talking, texting, walking in front of you, or bumping you. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it for $1 and watch it on my own TV with surround sound. At least I can pause it to take a restroom break and eat my own snacks for pennies on the dollar than the theater charges.

7. Chuck Amstone

Chuck Amstone New Member

I agree with all the above comments and take special notes to folks texting in theaters. I went and saw Hunger Games last week and I was annoyed by the cell phones being lit up. For the life of me, what's SOOOOOOOOO Important "other than Death or Emergency room visit" that you can't turn off your dang phone long enough to enjoy a movie?

Okay back to Marks post...

I watched CBS Sunday morning and they did a segment on the movie. I'm glad I watched, it gave me a different perspective about the movie which is "To introduce a whole new generation". Otherwise, I would be disappointed watching any attempt at creating a 3 Stooges Movie.

Long live the Three Stooges!

8. unlimitedsounds

unlimitedsounds Active Member

9. BillESC

BillESC Member

I watched the same CBS show. And I haven't been to a movie theatre in more than 20 years.

10. Hits

Hits New Member

Wow, I guess I'm a big screen movie guy. I usually attend a movie and average of once per month. Typically not too many of the problems of texting, talking, or walking around at our theatre. I'm also a Stooges fan, and I'm looking forward to this movie!