1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Nice Bridal Show followup letter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bb, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb

bb Active Member

If you were to follow-up after receiving the attendee list from a Bridal Show, what would you write in your message? Would you e-mail it, U.S. mail it or just make a random call? If you make a phone call what would you say especially if you get an answering machine? I'm curious which method is most effective.

If you e-mail it would you send attachments of your brochure and planning materials, music lists? All in Adobe of course. Or just a typed message such as below.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Dear Bride and Groom:

How is the planning of your wedding celebration coming along?

You may recall the name Sensational Music if you attended the recent Bridal Show at the Phoenix Inn. We specialize in creating customized weddings that are fun, unique, and highly entertaining! We can do the same for you.

Entertainment is a big part of your wedding day and should not be left to chance.

Please contact us soon with any questions you may have and to check our availability to provide the finest in personalized service for your special day.

Sincerely,

BB

(Please see the attachments for more details about our services.)

2. Kacimlangford

Kacimlangford Bose L1 Double B1 DJ

BB,

The first thing I would do is say "Thank you for visiting our booth at yada yada yada. Even if they did not visit the booth, they may not remember if it is just a list provided from the show.

Then instead of asking how the plans are going, I would say something like, "Here is hoping all is well with the wedding plans."

I would mail it and add the other documents to the envelope. Use a fancy paper for the letter. I use a paper and envelope called first kiss from Office Max. It costs a little more but I have had comments on them. If you have enough to send, use big envelopes but still use the fancy paper.

All just my opinion and what I would do.

Hope it helps.

Karl

3. sddjwi

sddjwi Senior Member

1) You have to differentiate yourself from the other "1000 DJs" at the bridal show. (Your note sounded like 10 other folks I got follow ups from)

2) You need to give them some reason to contact you so that you can talk with them and sell them on your services. (which I did not see in your note)

4. bb

bb Active Member

Good advice. I will focus on what makes my service special and focus on that.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

5. Airwolf

Airwolf New Member

Since you received their name off the list use the term "when" you attended the bridal show, not "if". Any bridal show list I ever received has the B & G wedding date on it. I am assuming that you are not sending this to people who are getting married on dates you are already booked so on your last sentence you might add "dates are filling fast so call now to check the availability of your wedding date.

Give it a sense of urgency. Also, when you meet folks at bridal shows do you make any notes? I find it helpful when I chat with people to write some notes about who, what where, when, etc. Then when I send a follow up letter it can be more personal. "It was so nice to meet you and your mother." or "I sure do understand your excitement about getting married at Eagle Canyon Ranch. It is so beautiful." that way they know that you really did pay attention to them.

6. CJ Greiner

CJ Greiner Supreme Gold Member

Here's the first follow-up letter for a recent show here in Smithfield, VA.

We've already had several bookings. We'll follow up at least twice more in the next few weeks.

Attached Files:

7. jwg

jwg New Member

Nicely done CJ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.