1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Need song.. "Stand By Me" ... by needtobreathe

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by jimeppes, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

Hey Gang...

Bride wants a STUDIO version of "Stand By Me" by the group Needtobreathe.

She tells me she hears it on Sirius Satellite radio.

On the Youtube versions it is live and mixed with "A Place Only You Can Go"

Not seeing it on Amazon, Itunes or any of the albums on their website.

Did drop them an email on their website, will report back what I hear.

Thoughts??? Suggestions????

lil def jimmy
  2. Steve Sharp

Steve Sharp Active Member

I might also email Sirius and ask about it.
  3. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

ohhhhhh ... they don't want to seem to talk to you unless you own their service

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/ask

Anyone who has had their service and discontinued it knows.... they can be quite a pain in the tokus when you leave them.

lil stop calling me jimmy
  4. classactparty

classactparty New Member

I would not wait long to let this bride know that you are unable to access it. It does not appear to be available commercially. Perhaps she could record it off Sirius when they play it the next time....;).
  5. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

Yep.. .For the first time I can remember I might be stumped.

Will check with my radio station freinds to see if they might have it on a hard drive or disc.

lil there is a first time for everything jimmy
  6. bill_smith

bill_smith MobileBeat Moderator Staff Member

It's not on any album that I googled. I'm going to guess that the group may have procured performing rights, but not distribution and other allowances to re sell this version, else, it would be available. Not too impressed with the live versions on youtube, but that is mostly the recording sources problems, not the actual performance. Audio on the live versions are bad at best.
  7. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

Yep... gotta agree with the sound quality thing Bill.

And I did not think about the rights issue.

You know what I wonder?????

If maybe it is on one of the albums melted into another song like it is on the youtube live performance and not listed on the ab-lum.

That happened for me on "I Go To Rio" (just gave away one of my secret songs and one i will be using in 2016 for the games). I (of course) had the vinyl copy of the album and it had that phone ringing and answer with Pablo on the bottom of the pool....

I really loved that little bit.... And when I bought the CD, it was not there!!!!!!!!!! BUT, found it on the last part of the song before the Rio song. Sometimes you gotta dig into it to find it.

Soooooo... Still have not heard back from the group on this. Wish they had a fan forum I could post on....

Might try to post on Youtube and ask the fans of the group there.

Thanks to all for looking and trying to help.

I will need your full names for the will.

lil i ain't givin up jimmy
  8. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

OK.. I am an idiot... They do have a fan forum.

Will report back in a sec.

LDJ
  9. classactparty

classactparty New Member

OK- did you get it?
    I once was looking for a track by Dennis DeYoung of Styx. It was a cover of the Broadway tune "Once Upon a Dream." I found the track listed on one of his solo albums, 10 On Broadway. When I received the CD, I listened to it, and realized it was a different arrangement from the one on the radio. The radio version had keyboards carrying the main melody. The album version was acoustic guitar based, not what you would expect from a keyboard player like DeYoung. I later found out the version I heard was a very rare radio version that was never released commercially. I've never heard it again, even on YouTube.
  10. djtunes

djtunes Checking Reality

Did you search their site to see if it is posted there for free?
  11. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

Here is the response I got on their fan forum.... pretty sure it is an unoffical fan forum.

Roger... did search their fan site and kept coming up with the not available answer.

So... I emailed the Bride. Looks like she will go with the Phillip Phillips version of "Stand By Me" (from american idol). I was on this pretty quick, we just had our sign the contract meeting and her wedding is still a couple of months out. You guys are right, you need to show the bride you are on her wedding fast and it makes her feel secure. Wait to the last minute and she will start to doubt that you have her best interest to heart.

RE: Need help with Needtobreathe song
    08/12/12 1:45 PM

Hey Jim,

We get asked that a lot. There is no recorded version of this other than the version that the radio station recorded for themselves, which is what gets replayed.

The band don't have it and as far as I know are not intending to record it for release.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

NEEDTOBREATHE Community Manager
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  12. maestro

maestro Active Member

13. bill_smith

bill_smith MobileBeat Moderator Staff Member

Nice work to nip this in the bud so quickly. Imagine her response, if you had waited till a week before, like some guys have done. Exactly right on making them feel secure about things. That's how you do it.

I think the Phil Phillips version and need to breathes version are nearly identical i nthe offering , same type of growly setting.

14. jimeppes

jimeppes New Member

That's me... bud nippin.....

You gotta ...nip it... nip in the bud.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA

Thanks for the compliment Bill, really I am being serious for once.

Maestro... Thanks, will check that out. Always love finding new music.

lil i know i'm missing something in my collection jimmy