1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Karaoke CDG ripper and burner?

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by bill_smith, Nov 21, 2011.

1. bill_smith

bill_smith MobileBeat Moderator Staff Member

For decades I;ve used Goldenhawk. Alas the site is down, and I cannot get my current version to work, and they do not return calls or emails.

So I need a new software kit.

What are you using ?

2. Earl From CloudNine

Earl From CloudNine Canayjun, Eh!

I use Audiograbber (free) for ripping, and Power CDG burner from Powercdg.com.

3. bill_smith

Earl, I thank you so much! I tried it out using the free trial version, and was totally impressed. I have bought it and it works great.

Why do you use audiograbber to rip when the package appears to have an adequate ripper inside it?

I'm curious, since the 39 dollar package sems to be an all in one combination, rip, copy and burn. It was flawless.

4. Earl From CloudNine

Just a case of "old dog, new tricks" I guess Bill... I've been using Audiograbber for as long as I can remember. It sees every CD I get, regular or Karaoke, as soon as the cellophane is removed.

5. bill_smith

I've never tried audiograbber for karaoke, Earl, that's why i was curious, but I dug through the settings and found it. Thanx so much again for the great advice.

6. ascdj

ascdj Member

My father wants to change from his old disc based Karoke to software and wants to be able to rip his CD-Gs that he has. Problem is that most computer drives won't read the CD-G disc to even rip. What is the secret to getting around this?

7. Earl From CloudNine

Has he tried Audio Grabber??? Place the CD+g disc in the drive... and choose the "grab cdg tracks (karaoke)" drop-down under CD (upper left). Then click on "grab to cdg + compressed file"

8. smedenver

smedenver Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011