1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Help with "We Want You Back" letter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Corey Rock, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey Rock

Corey Rock Nubsauce Dancer

Hey Gang,

I am putting together a letter directed at companies and schools we haven't heard back from in some time. I was wondering if anyone has a letter such as this one they might be willing to share?

Many of these past customer I'm sure have had turnover of my contact person but others may have expereinced a problem or quality issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated! A finished product will be posted for all to use/review.

Best Regards,

2. Valerie Hicks

Valerie Hicks New Member

Corey
    I have sent a "We've missed you" postcard before and had good results. I'll see if I can find a copy to email over to you.

3. djshy

djshy New Member

Val,
    I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that either, if you don't mind. I also think I have a letter that I used on one of the local colleges last year. I'll see if I can dig it out and post it here.

4. Chuck Amstone

Chuck Amstone Active Member

Corey,

A simple phone call is all you need to do. It will give you the answer you want.

5. Corey Rock

Corey Rock Nubsauce Dancer

Chuck,

Thanks for your direction, however my database of clients I will be targeting will be in the hundreds. My office managers plate is full and so is mine. This will give me a chance to cover all leads with the least amount of our resources.

Val,

You are simple put, THE BEST! =D>

6. Valerie Hicks

Valerie Hicks New Member

Sorry, Corey, can't find the file anymore (paper or electronic). Must've given away my last copy. I don't keep all my files around anymore because I rarely use a marketing piece more than once or twice anyway. I find I end up giving away all of my old materials to other DJ's these days, and my file is pretty empty! lol

Anyway, here's the basic premise and reasoning behind what I sent out. It was a postcard, and had a bold heading of "We've missed you". I used that instead of "we want you back" because the latter sounds like we dropped the ball. Most often, that isn't the case at all. We lose repeat customers because either 1)we were already booked when they called or 2)they decided to go with someone else for a year (some of these schools we have been to non-stop for 10+ years). I want to convey that we miss their business, not that we want it back....

I found it was difficult to generate text for this type of mailing without groveling or sounding desperate. That's why I went with the postcard; less body necessary. I aimed my text in a positive direction, that see what we've been doing, how we've improved, etc. Basically, I made it into a "look what we've been doing!" pitch, which was designed to make them MISS us and WANT us back. Sort of making them think "that's why we used those guys so much" instead of making them wonder why they quit using us.

Hope that helps. If I stumble on that old file I'll send it your way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.