1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

DO NOT USE 8th WONDER - RIPOFF - SCAM

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by Maverick, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Maverick

Maverick Pumping It Up

DUE TO AN ADOBE UPDATE THE MEDIA DOWNLOADER IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.

WE ARE WORKING ON RESOLVING THIS ISSUE .

This has been on the site since I signed up, paid my money and cannot download the download tool.

I signed up for this site to get videos to review for prom season before I bought the DVD's from promo only...no reply via email, no refund..its only 12 bucks..but still....shady
  2. ABQProductions

ABQProductions New Member

Just download them without the downloader. Each song has a download button next to it...
  3. Sam Whitman

Sam Whitman New Member

I have a buddy who travels nationwide DJing (Orlando, LA, Vegas, New York, Miami) and he swears by 8thWonder. He either gets his stuff from there, other DJ's, or does the remixes himself.
  4. Steve Lynch

Steve Lynch New Member

The downloader has been broken for 3 years..

they simply say to use the website to download.

I believe this is an attempt to stifle the downloading of tons of files at once.

I find it impossible to keep up with their content without a downloader.

I'm still grandfathered in at $6, which is the only reason I keep it.

We should all start e-mailing 8th wonder and complaining about the downloader.

Can we organize a wide scale complaint session?

Tell everyone you know who uses 8th wonder.

Send at least one e-mail complaint about the downloader being broken for 3 years.

Cindy@8thwonderpromos.com
    Damianc@8thwonderpromos.com
    info@8thwonderpromos.com
    Paul@8thwonderpromos.com
  5. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

I've been using 8thWonder for several years now and its been operating flawlessly. When it comes to making those ADOBE updates, which occur quite frequently, I usually hold off on making the update until I've had time to check out if any problems have been reported. As for their broken downloader, it may have been justifiably disabled because their server can't handle the traffic. I had to do that when I worked at NASA (been retired for 4 yrs now) because on one occasion, Rush Limbaugh advertised some pictures of Jupiter on our website and almost immediately our server was inundated with download requests ...... 2 million hits within 1 hour and the server kept crashing every 5 minutes. We had no choice but to disable the downloader until we could manage a fix.
  6. Maverick

Maverick Pumping It Up

If you email, they will not reply....Does anyone actually know a contact number by this company? I would love to use them ...but....no one will reply...
  7. unlimitedsounds

unlimitedsounds New Member

I use it too WITH their downloader and NO ISSUES.. I just used it 2 weeks ago to get some stuff....
  8. Steve Lynch

Steve Lynch New Member

if you have the downloader on a machine already, it does work fine.. they took it off the site however, and will not allow anyone else to get it. once I lost the exe, I was out of luck.

Do you still have the exe for the downloader?
  9. ShaneFrom302

ShaneFrom302 Your moms favorite DJ!

I know they accept paypal, but if I sign up with a credit card do they still process it using paypal?? I am against using paypal in any way possible.

I have emailed cindy about it and have not heard anything back.

Anybody here an 8 wonder member who do not use paypal to pay?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. adjtogo

adjtogo Active Member

So what is their website address?
  11. Maverick

Maverick Pumping It Up

you won't hear back..guaranteed...
  12. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner School Dance Moderator

I download remixed tracks from time to time from them. No issues with clicking the link next to a song.
  13. unlimitedsounds

unlimitedsounds New Member

all I know is I use the downloader and it works.. I dont have the installer anymore.. I looked.. sure you can click the link next to each song but with the downloader I can set up 10-20 songs and let it go...
  14. djgulfcoast

djgulfcoast Mobile DJ Alabama

The downloader is a hit or miss sometimes. For what we pay for 8th Wonder, we are satisfied. Wish they would add more Pop, country, titles. Be careful, sometimes the clean versions are mislabeled. Listen before you play.
  15. MusicMeister

MusicMeister New Member

16. TMSOriginal

TMSOriginal New Member

Looking at their website, they sound like a "too good to be true" type of vendor...especially considering the low price-point and # of tracks they claim to release/have monthly...
    Dog gone it, despite the negatives posted here, I am half tempted to try 'em out out of curiousity (since they're legal, what the heck - LOL).
  17. bfloydnewparis

bfloydnewparis New Member

I have been using 8th Wonder for a few years now. The bill my credit card direct. I have contacted Cindy by email a couple of times and did get an answer (which was a very vague answer). They seem to have a lot of remixes.

Bill
  18. ShaneFrom302

ShaneFrom302 Your moms favorite DJ!

I eventually got a reply from Cindy and signed up, no complaints so far.
  19. djgulfcoast

djgulfcoast Mobile DJ Alabama

Any inside information when the new server will be up.
  20. Chuck Amstone

Chuck Amstone New Member

I'm not sure if it's me or not but I signed up a couple months ago and was able to download a few tracks.
    I received notice from my bank that i was charged my monthly $12.95 a week ago. I decided to log in and download some new tracks.

I got this message.

DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE​
    Please make sure your email is updated with us,that is how we are keeping in touch with our members..If you have not been receiving emails from us most likely we have an old email on file.To update your email just log in,go to the contact page and click on the link to see your account.Once inside change your email and hit save on the bottom.Now you will receive our emails and understand more with what is going on​

I just tried to log in again and got the same messge.

Since there isn't any type of support, I'll have to call my bank and have my CC # changed.