1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Christening songs

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SPINDOCTORDJ, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPINDOCTORDJ

SPINDOCTORDJ New Member

I have a client who I am doing a Christening for this weekend. She was wondering about any special songs other DJ's might have used. I did one a few weeks ago and the kids name was daniel so I played that and the baby was born in texas so I did a texas song they wanted. Any suggestions on general songs for the christening.

Thanks Dave

2. DJ Jake

DJ Jake New Member

Because Christenings can be a litttle slow at times, I try to incorporate something into the party that creates a memorable event. I like to make a photo-op when the cake is being cut. I get the baby's picture with parents, godparents, grandparents etc. If the baby is a girl I'll play something like "Isn't She Lovely", and if it's a boy I'll play "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" by Franki Valli. It makes a really nice moment if you play it up the right way. The type of moment you don't usually get to create at Christenings.

3. dj4Him

dj4Him New Member

What is a Christening?

4. tygersclaw

tygersclaw New Member

[sarcasm begins]

Lame attempt to be silly and sarcastic...but you may find a hidden gem in this list

• Having My Baby - Paul Anka
    • Baby Baby - Amy Grant
    • The Baby - Blake Shelton
    • Baby Boy - Beyonce Knowles
    • Sweet Child of Mine - Sheryl Crowe/Guns 'N Roses
    • Little Children - Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas
    • Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon
    • This One's For The Children - NKOTB
    • The Little Girl - Gary U.S. Bonds
    • The Little Girl - John Michael Montgomery
    • God Blessed Texas - Little Texas
    • Kick a Little - Little Texas
    • God Must of Spent A Little Time On You - Alabama/'NSync

[/end sarcasm]

However...you may find a gem in that small list. Who knows??

5. tygersclaw

tygersclaw New Member

chhaaaaaaa......as if a Christian DJ would NOT know what a Christening is....chhhhhaaaaaa riiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttttttt :lol: :roll:

6. Ken Heath

Ken Heath Super Moderator...da-ta-daaa!!! Staff Member

How about..."Da Dip"... :p

:shock:

Seriously though...how 'bout "Blessed" by Elton John -- or -- if it's a girl-child..."Thank Heaven (for little girls)" by Maurice Chevalier

7. dj4Him

dj4Him New Member

Ok...so eather it means the person is having a party for a baby, or it is like a baptism....I'm assuming baptism???? Really have no clue... :roll:

8. classactparty

classactparty New Member

dj4Him-

Please forgive the ignorance of your fellow DJs as hopefully they will forgive yours.

Christening is c ceremony of the Roman Catholic, Church of England, and Episcopal churches. It is also a form of infant baptism, something which a number of Protestant Churches do not do. If dj4Him lives in a community where there are not a lot of Catholics or Episcopal churches, he wouldn't be aware of Christenings.

In some cultures and churches, it must take place in the church building. In others, it may take place in an even facility and be treated as a social event.

If the ceremony is in the same room as the reception, the DJ may very likely be expected to provide appropriate ( gentle baroque classical or possibly acoustic New Age) music prior to the ceremony and then more afterwards.

It is usually considered a "proper" social event where not much dancing will be expected unless there are numerous children. The DJ would need a simple ceremony system, probably a wireless lavalier for the Priest or Monsignor, and be dressed in a suit or coat and tie.

There have been several good suggestions for music. I would add just one:
    Lonestar - Let Them Be Little

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.