1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Chauvet Stage Wash 900 & 1500

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by polarsounds, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polarsounds

polarsounds In Self-Imposed Exile

Anyone have experience with these fixtures. It's part of my everlasting quest toward finding cost-effective wash fixtures for general stage lighting.

2. joe2you

joe2you New Member

Yeah, Ive been looking at them as well but am concerned about the current draw. 12.5A / fixture is a lot to have to swallow although one does get full color options. The $ is fairly attractive as well. Just might have to get one or two and try them.

3. NickyB

NickyB Gear and Equipment Moderator

Eric -

I just bought two Elation Stage Colors (RGB mixable PAR-56 w/3 bulbs). Haven't tried them on a gig yet as I'm programming them into my Martin 2518 controller. I can tell you, with three HPL-375's in each fixture, they are really BRIGHT and put a lot of light a long way out. The biggest problem I anticipate is current draw and setting for specific colors other than the basic three (Red, Blue, Green). It's quite different than programming a color changer or moving yoke using CMY. I plan to use the pair strictly for color fill on the floor at all my weddings. These are 3 channel dmxable, completely dimmable and built pretty solid. I'll let you know.

NickyB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.