1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Chauvet Freedom pars and Freedom Strip mini

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DJ Biff, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

We had a few days to play with the new Freedom Pars and Freedom Strip mini from Chauvet.

http://www.proaal.com/Brand/Chauvet/Freedom-Par.html

http://www.proaal.com/Brand/Chauvet/Freedom-Strip-Mini.html

We are the only US dealer to be fortunate enough to have these in stock. YES we really have them to ship.. but they have been selling fast so do not delay in placing your order.

We had a chance to shoot a few videos on them here is the first installment: http://blog.proaal.com/

A few things to point out.

Freedom pars and Freedom Strip minis have the wireless receiver BUILT IN no additional cost for receiver no extra things to hook up. When looking at other wireless units, note you will need to add a wireless receiver. $$$

Freedom pars and Freedom Strip minis can be operated with an IRC remote! You do not have to even run them DMX if you do not want to!

Freedom pars and Freedom Strip minis can be plugged one in for charging and daisy chain the others for charging. This was a great feature when we charged 12 of them. You don’t need a bunch of power strips, just one outlet.

Freedom pars and Freedom Strip minis can be charging while in use. This is huge, we forgot to charge one at the show, we where able to use it and charge it at the same time. There is other product on the market that does not allow this. You can either charge or use but not both at the same time.

Until the end of February, 2012 we are offering a package with free 2.4 ghz transmitter, a $179.99 value. PLUS a free IRC remote while supplies last.

PLUS we have some show demos with additional discounts.

As always, contact me with questions or orders. sales@proaal.com

2. Jerry Taylor

Jerry Taylor New Member

Sorta dumb to wear a black shirt when demonistrating a black fixture in front of you. I could not see anything. Use close ups more.

3. DJSCraig

DJSCraig New Member

Yeah, well it was a spur of the moment thing.

We have ANOTHER blog post with video that shows the light fixtures way more in-depth with no people in the view, so shirt color does not matter. :p

4. DJSCraig

DJSCraig New Member

5. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

SERIOUSLY???

Next time I will consult with you before I do a short, impromptu, informational video. We are not producers here.. just regular guys trying to show you what we see.

BTW "demonistrating" is spelled "demonstrating" , which I normally would not point out.. because my spelling is horrid but since we are being critical here.

6. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

Just for clarification on this statement. "Until the end of February, 2012 we are offering a package with free 2.4 ghz transmitter, a $179.99 value. PLUS a free IRC remote while supplies last. "

The package for the free 2.4 ghz transmitter is a FOUR PIECE package we are selling.
    Second there is a different offer for the IRC remote, one IRC remote is included with any size initial order. (one per order)
    Sorry for any confusion if that was not clear.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  7. Hits

Hits New Member

Nice job Tom and Biff, I so much want to invest soon in a dozen of those fixtures!

8. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

Thanks for the compliment... nice to see someone taking notice of the time invested. I had to spend an hour just moving boxes to make a space to shoot that. LOL..

As far as 12 units, now is the time :)

9. -bp-

-bp- For Position Only

These are nice, but why 5mm LED's? 10mm or 5 Tri LED's would have been better. Still, the price is great! And I'm sure we'll get more powerful models with better color mixing as time goes on. Good job, Chauvet.

10. Jerry Taylor

Jerry Taylor New Member

Way to take it personal. It was not meant as a slam, just wanted to point out how hard it was to see anything. May be another reason people are leary of posting here.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  11. Jerry Taylor

Jerry Taylor New Member

Just watched the "New" video great showing of what it can do. Question, will the D-Fi plus work with the new lights? I have several of these I'm using now and they work great.

12. hankedw

hankedw Member

Just ordered mine a few minutes ago. Can't wait to try them out, should make life a lot easier.
    Hank

13. adjtogo

adjtogo Active Member

Are they really going to be bright enough? I'm holding out for the new Blizzard wireless DMX and battery operated Pucks due within the next month. They are rated much brighter than these units, although I'm sure these are nice units for the price.

14. stevehoffman

stevehoffman New Member

Interested in comparing the Chauvet Freedom Par with the Blizzard Wireless Puck ...
    -- Anyone know when the Blizzard wireless Puck will be for sale? Do you guys at Pro Audio in Michigan carry them, or will carry them?
    -- are the Blizzard Puck definitely brighter than the Chauvet Freedom?
    -- the Blizzard Puck comes in RGB-A (Amber), which I'm told gives you nicer, truer colors than RGA? Does Chauvet Freedom offer a RGB-A version, or will they plan to?
    -- I very much like the idea of using just an IRC remote instead of DMX (I'm not really a lighting guy and find DMX baffling even tho lighting guys always tell me otherwise!). The Chauvet Freedom gives me the option of changing colors just with an IRC remote? Does Blizzard Puck offer that option?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can enlighted me as to my questions!!!

15. adjtogo

adjtogo Active Member

Yeah, you can use an IRC remote, but that isn't going to get you brightness. Look at the diodes in the pic. They're the same small diodes that came out when LED lighting came out. The reason why they made them small was due to the battery being small and not being powerful enough to hold a charge for the newer and brighter diodes. I'd rather have brightness, than the convenience of a remote IRC. I bought the wicycles so controlling the color is very easy with a DMX board.

16. stevehoffman

stevehoffman New Member

"very easy with a DMX board" ... to those who are familiar with DMX ! to those of us who have never worked with DMX (and who, upon looking at the user manual I found on-line for the Blizzard Puck, found the instructions relating to DMX a bit daunting), it might not be very easy at all!!

-Steve/GOOD NOTE

17. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

I just saw this, sorry.

The only D-FI that works with these units are the 2.4 ghz. My guess is you have the older version and they are not compatible. BUT you could transmit with the new 2.4ghz and then come out the DMX out into your D-fi and continue from there.

The freedom series will not work with the older version but they can still be used in your chain.

18. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

We do have the unplugged rgb a in stock. The brightness is similar on both units, not a deciding factor, you do need to purchase a Wicycle to run them. You will have more colors available to you based on the amber. The freedom pars are laid out different and as a whole are made differently, not better or worse, just different. Blizzzard does not have a IRC remote that I am aware of. IT is a VERY nice feature that the Freedom par offers.

Nothing I am aware of right now for the next product to be released. Honestly, I would assume end of year before another unit comes out. (that is my GUESS, so don't hold me to that). LDI would be my guess.

19. DJ Biff

DJ Biff ProDJ Sponsor

Update, many of the guys who ordered a few to try these out have reordered what they needed. The response has been great and so far, no DOA units either which is a plus!

20. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Mobile Beat Moderator Staff Member

I really need to get out more. May have to run down there this week :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.