1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

cdg editing

Discussion in 'Tools Of The Trade' started by slider57, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slider57

slider57 slider57

how to edit just the cdg files? all my karaoke files work fine, i just need to edit some of the graphics that come up when the song starts, when these were first ripped, they had pics of women in bikinis and i didnt know how to get rid of them.
  2. Mr.Martin

Mr.Martin Retired Guest

What brand CDGs are you using? I thought I had seen most of them and I've never seen what you are talking about.

Sorry, can't help with the editing.
  3. slider57

slider57 slider57

cdg edit

they're all-star, etc, a bunch of diff discs. but i'm not sure how to edit an existing cdg file. just before the lyrics comes up, some of them have pictures of vairous things, people. i want to know how to change the pic so i can put in my own logo.
    dont want to have to reRIP all these discs again.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. bill_smith

bill_smith MobileBeat Moderator Staff Member

Trevor I think that you cannot edit the existing CDG, because its burned and read only. I have no knowledge of a program that lets you do this with a ripped file, but Icould be wrong.
  5. bjojade

bjojade New Member

Um, why would you want to get rid of THAT?? I'd love to ADD that to my discs. LOL.
  6. slider57

slider57 slider57

cdg

i did find a program called editcdg, however, its pretty complicated.
    now i dont mind the bikini pics but some of my clients may not appreciate it.
  7. bill_smith

bill_smith MobileBeat Moderator Staff Member

But I dont think you will be able to EDIT a CDG that you have bought. You would need to rip it and find a program that will take this out for you, then rerip to CD if oyu are a CDG gy and not PC.
  8. LasVegasDJ2

LasVegasDJ2 New Member

I hope I might get to be of some help...

try a program called CDGFix 3 Super (can be found here http://www.cdgfix.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=31).

Fantastic program, minimal learning curve and i'm pretty sure it will let you do the editing you are looking for. It has a demo available for download that will let you take it through its "editing" paces to make sure it does what you are looking for.

Let me know if this helps.

Gabriel
  9. LasVegasDJ2

LasVegasDJ2 New Member

Oh...and i just reread Bill's post, and he is right. You'll have to rip it to your computer that is doing the editing... edit the file, and then create a new CDG with your new edit. You can't just edit the physical disc itself.
  10. slider57

slider57 slider57

edit cdg files?

ok guys, thanks for all the help. i'm gonna check out that cdgfix program and see what that does.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.