1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Bridal Show follow-up letter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bb, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb

bb Active Member

Here's a follow-up letter I'm thinking of sending out to the 9 brides that recently attended a mini florist shop bridal show I was at. Please offer input and make suggestions where needed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for attending the Blair Florist Bridal Fair on September 19th.

Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about the high quality, professional Wedding DJ/Emcee & Event Coordinating services I can personally offer you for your special day.

One of the many unique features my past clients love about my service is the way I relieve their stress by offering a free, in-depth Wedding Reception/Ceremony Planning Session. I will cover all of the important details you should be thinking about to ensure a smooth flowing, fun wedding tailored to YOUR personal style. This is a $200 Value I offer at no cost to you.

This is your day, your memories! I can make your wishes come true!

I look forward to talking with you soon.

At your service,

xxxxxxx
  2. Airwolf

Airwolf New Member

How much time does it take to give them this in-depth meeting? Can you afford to give away 9 hours or more on the chance that you might book them?
  3. bb

bb Active Member

I'm still working on the letter that's why I'm asking for help/input.

Good point though, I shoud put 2 hour consultation valued at $200 or free if you book my services.

Additional input please. Is my idea bad or a good strategy?
  4. DJ1855

DJ1855 New Member

I think it's too wordy. I'm assuming this was a very small quaint bridal fair in which there was very few vendors. I'm sure all 9 remember you. It's nice to follow up, but I don't think there any explanations needed. It sounds like you really need the business. Just say hi, thank you, and ttys.
  5. BBBuffalo

BBBuffalo New Member

6. bb

bb Active Member

Victor, I just want to find a way to connect with them and let them know a little more about what I offer and do. I'm in the high price league so I know it takes a little more doing to get brides to see and feel the difference over the typical/average DJ.
  7. Jeff

Jeff New Member

This letter sounds like a form letter. Nothing compelling at all.

Think like a bride.

Do you take any notes when you meet these prospects? I find it VERY powerful to find out something about them when I get their info. When the follow up is sent it is PERSONAL. " Susan, it was great meeting you at the bridal show, hows the planning going? Did your mom find the florist she had mentioned? " blah, blah,

Get it?

People do business with people who connect with them. By remembering something about them it shows you care.
    This equals standing out and increased bookings.

Jeff
  8. bb

bb Active Member

Jeff, I understand your good point but many brides just want to grab the info and maybe ask what's your rate then head off to the next vendor booth.

I may do something simple, just to attempt to get them to call me. I am open to all suggestions.

Dear

Thank you for attending the xxx Bridal Show. How is the planning going?

Are you seeking the services of a professional DJ/Emcee for your wedding celebration? Part of my service includes helping you create a timeline for your reception.

Please contact me to learn more about the distinguished wedding entertainment services I offer and for a price quote backed by a quality services guarantee.

Sincerely,

xxx

OR,

Dear Bride,

Thank you attending the xxx Bridal Show. Are you are seeking a reputable, professional DJ/Emcee for your wedding celebration? If so, please contact me for a price quote and to talk about the vision you have for your special day!

Sincerely,

xxx

How does that sound? Which is better? Should I send an attachment describing my services or what I offer or just the email with no attachments. I'm just trying to figure out a good approach to reach those 2009-2010 brides before the low rate, hyped up sales pitch DJs get to them. Or the I-pod thought enters their mind. Hee, hee.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  9. BBBuffalo

BBBuffalo New Member

BB, did you get my email? I got a bounce back notice. Sometimes those are legitimate and sometimes not.

If you didn't get it do you have a gmail or hotmail account?
  10. Dan Zynda Mobile Music

Dan Zynda Mobile Music New Member

Letters are boring in my opinion. I'd rather design a follow-up brochure with HP tri-fold paper. Preferably with bullet points.
  11. bb

bb Active Member

Buffalo, nothing received yet. I sent you another pm hope it works this time.

Dan, tri-fold is nice but I only have their email and phone number for contact info, a nice email is a good start. That is what I am seeking now is help with a writing a good email message that will guage their interest and briefly let them know I'm more than a button pusher.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  12. Airwolf

Airwolf New Member

With the passing of time we will find that communicating with our young couple clients by anything other than email or text messaging will be next to impossible. The trick for all of us is to discover a way to create a compelling message that is short, sweet, and inspires them to call us. So far, that is easier said than done.

Bullet points in a tri-fold can to used in an email too. Easier with HTML but not impossible with plain text. Just looks different. The advantage of bullet points is that they are short, can be sweet, and can create a desire to know more.

Just remember to not tell the client everything in your initial contact.
  13. bb

bb Active Member

Neal (BBBuffalo),

Thank you very much for the PM and wonderful insight. Your a class act for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.