1. Welcome to the new Mobile Beat forums! Your user name and password works just as it did before. If you have any trouble logging in please contact loginhelp@mobilebeat.com

Thanks,
    The Mobile Beat Team

Apartment Pool Party Flyers and Ideas Needed!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by shellimark, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shellimark

shellimark New Member

Long Story Short....

I met a rep from "ForRent" magazine, she is going to get me the opportunity to meet several hundred managers of apartment complexes. I need some good ideas on what to put together. Particularly I would like to see some of your flyers, as well as success stories from those of you that have done numerous pool parties in the past. I have done a few here and there, but need some good sellable ideas.

Thanks

Marc

2. BigEarl

BigEarl New Member

Marc,

Try getting ahold of TexasTim who posts here. He does a number of these and might be able to help.

3. caffeinekid

caffeinekid New Member

When I first approached the apartment complex market, I had done so as an avenue for creating leads (considering the demographics of apartment residents) and initially planned on a modest 5% return rate. I grossly under-estimated and as of this date, we are going out on referral only and lead generation is great. Here's what worked for me.

Go through the local apartment locater book/rag and pick out the mid to upscale properties.

Create a database in order to track response and print out labels.

Come up with a CHEAP price and time-frame to suit it. I started back in '94 with a "special" $225.00 price for up to 3hrs ending no later than 5pm.

Create a nice 8.5" X 11" 6-part brochure designed to be printed out and tri-folded. A brilliant yellow paper with some punchy and straight forward graphics work nicely. Be sure to include any games (tube race, bubbles, etc.) that you offer for the kids.

Mail all of the brochures by the end of April or maybe May depending on your region.

Do the gig with as much advertising as you can....banner, cards, etc..

Though it's entirely possible that you'll mail out over a hundred brochures, the minor expense and extra effort will probably be rewarded within the first couple of gigs. Apartment complex functions are a great supplement to business and they take almost no effort.

Good luck. :D

4. Texastim

Texastim New Member

Marc: check your PM box....Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.