Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blizzard's new Puck Q12W fixture

Hey all ...

I just purchased four of these new LED fixtures and I'm in the process of writing a complete evaluation which should be online later this week. All I can say thus far is that four on a T-bar as color fill has been awesome. I do need to put diffusion screens on them as looking back into the lights from the dance floor, these things are real "eyeball burners." Each fixture has twelve 10W quad-colored LEDs. I'm operating them in 4-channel dmx mode as I have no need for strobing capabilities which I'm sure would be very irritating. I opted for the RGBW version as opposed to the RGBA because I felt that adding white to most colors offered a better mix for pastels. To date, these appear to be the biggest bang for your buck in a flat/slim par format fixture and they are definitely plenty bright.

I'll keep you posted later in the week.
    Nick Burke (aka DJ NickyB)
    http://www.NickyB-Entertainment.com
    Gear Board Co-Moderator
    Ex USAF Electronics Tech
    Pro Musician (bass & keyboards) '65-'87 / DJ since '87
    40+ yrs Sr Computer Systems Programmer at NASA/GSFC

sounds good.. why do they need to be so bright?? landing aircrafts..LOL
    Hutt's Mobile Music
    Quality djing since 1980
    Janesville Wis.

Nicky you should see the new Q12+'s RGBAW.

That's right a five color quad. It has 6 RGBA's, and 6 RGBW's.

DJ Stevie Ray
    Stevie Ray Entertainment is the Premier Entertainment company in North East Pennsylvania.

Blizzard Lighting LLC. Forum Administrator
    Modesty & sincerity maybe the best to measure of a DJ, rather than what price they are charging.
    jc

Quote Originally Posted by djstevieray View Post
    Nicky you should see the new Q12+'s RGBAW.

That's right a five color quad. It has 6 RGBA's, and 6 RGBW's.

Damn! And I just bought Blizzard Q6W's & Q6A's!
    http://www.musicsourcedj.com
    Member of the
    American Disc Jockey Association
    and Springfield Local Favorites

I don't mean to laugh, but you do know it's murphy's law....
    DJ Stevie Ray
    Stevie Ray Entertainment is the Premier Entertainment company in North East Pennsylvania.

Modesty & sincerity maybe the best to measure of a DJ, rather than what price they are charging.
    jc

I think what's needed is a little "sales integrity." If a sales person KNOWS a newer or updated version will be available soon, they should at least make that fact known before taking your money. This kinda stuff just p_sses people off.
    Gear Board Co-Moderator
    Ex USAF Electronics Tech

Nicky if I would have known about the earlier I would have shared the info, but I just recently found out myself. Besides Apple is one of the biggest marketing companies out there, but they don't disclose a thing before launch.

But just like computers you know in led lighting there is ALWAYS something newer next week. I just bought 8 Torrents and found out there is something better on the way.
    DJ Stevie Ray

jc

1) The 12 lights in one unit instead of 6 is really more then needed the vast majority of the time, in my opinion.
    2) Having the white and the amber in one unit would be nice, but with the added price, would have greatly increased total cost based on the number of lights I wanted. Having 12 of the Q6W's and 12 of the Q6A's works out quite well, and I got them for a great price.
    3) But I am surprised Will at Blizzard didn't say something when I asked him about RGBAW in one light technology. Not tri, or quad but cinco.?
    http://www.musicsourcedj.com
    Member of the
    American Disc Jockey Association
    and Springfield Local Favorites

Johnny as far as I know, there is nothing in the immediate works at Blizzard with RGBAW. I told Will I would like to see a RGBA-WW-CW, so they could be used as effective stage washes.
    DJ Stevie Ray

jc

OK - I now have an even dozen Q12's ...... four are Q12W's and the other eight are the Q12+'s ...... Can't wait to see them all together at a gig but I really don't have an uplighting gig until October 12th. I should have another 12 Q12+'s by then.
    Gear Board Co-Moderator
    Ex USAF Electronics Tech