Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Small mixer with mono button?

I use a Numark CD Mix II for ceremonies / back up and it finally broke on me. The right CD side won't cue up, after I load the CD all I hear is slight ticking sound. I have decided to replace it with a small mixer and two MP3 players for ceremony / back up use. I need two mic inputs and two stereo line inputs, one for each MP3 player. I have found a number of small mixers but none seem to have a mono button which I need since I only use one speaker for most ceremonies. Does anyone know of a mixer that would fit the bill? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards, Steve
    www.musicmaestrodj.com

You could also get an XLR combiner/Splitter, I use one when I'm only running a single speaker.

http://www.amazon.com/Rolls-Splitter.../dp/B001030ZUQ

51JtgaNcLYL._SL75_AA30_.jpg
    Michael W. Junkins
    Music By Mike
    http://www.music-by-mike.com
    Huntsville, AL Wedding DJ

http://www.snapshots-by-mike.com
    Huntsville Photo Booth

Hey Maestro,

I've run across the same problem, but are you still using MM? Simply download a stereo to mono plug in for MM. Easy! If you can't find a Direct X plugin (I know you can) you can use a VST plug in by downloading a Direct X, VSt wrapper and then download a vst stereo to mono plug in. Still easy!
    I don't have the links but if you need them I'll set you up!

At one time you posted all the keyboard short cuts to MM do you still have them. Could you post or pm me with them please?

Here's to a fantastic wedding season! I'm ready baby!
    Thank You
    Arthur
    www.mydjmc.com

Thanks Arthur, I'll look into the mono plug-in for MM which I still use. For ceremonies though, I tend not to use a laptop because there are a lot of venues where I have to leave my ceremony set-up unattended while I set up my main system inside and leaving a laptop unattended makes me nervous. I also do not like MM's mix-now feature which I like to use to change tracks during a ceremony. I could go LIVE with the preview output instead of the true live output and just fade out of the current song and click the next track, I suppose...

I'll email you the shortcuts which, by the way, you should have memorized by now... Mannaggia!
    Regards, Steve
    www.musicmaestrodj.com

maestro I see the old radio shack mixers on ebay all the time. these are reliable built like tanks and have low noise plus stereo/mono button. I use rwo for my rental systems and never had any problems with them. plus you can pick one up for 25-50 bucks depending on the seller. I looked at ebay and craigslist. I didnt see any but they do become available. I know I will get flamed for considering this but I gotta go with what has worked for me.
    PJ the DJ
    MC/DJ services, Wedding planner, Karaoke, Corporate events, Rental equipment. www.pjthedj.org emailjldj@comcast.net

Thanks guys. I have an old but VERY reliable Gemini mixer that I think I'm going to break out of retirement until I figure out what I want to do...
    Regards, Steve
    www.musicmaestrodj.com

Thanks Maestro!
    Thank You
    Arthur
    www.mydjmc.com

I'm DJ Tunes. I haven't been able to log in since the recent problem with the site so I made a new profile.

www.DJTunesOfFlorida.com
    www.DJTunesFL.com
    888.DJTUNES