Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wireless Speaker - Phonic

I had the old Phonic Wireless speaker that went through a concrete wall 100 feet away but it is in the illegal frequency range. I purchased a new Phonic with the updated frequency but it drops out at 25 feet and eventually lost the signal.! I exchanged it and the new one did the same thing.

I am looking for a similar setup. A small transmitter and receiver that does not run on batteries. i want to plug it in and not worry about how much battery power I have left. Any suggestions?

AudioTechnica 2000 or 3000 series lav system with the XLR adapter cable. I did a wireless remote speaker at a wedding last week. Worked flawless through 2 walls and 75 feet away.
    DC
    Top Dog Productions
    http://www.johnstowndj.com

Is that battery operated?

Lav transmitter is battery operated, but you should easily get through a 6+ hour event with a fresh set of batteries. Why the concern?
    DC
    Top Dog Productions
    http://www.johnstowndj.com

Yes the Unipak transmitter is battery operated but I know a trick that will allow you to plug it into a standard outlet for battery free operation.
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim - ESC, Inc.
    Backstage since 1973

trick??? what kind of battery does it take? maybe i know a trick

The concern is I don't want to worry about a battery going dead. Bill can you suggest the trick and a wireless setup for me?

Billesc, so what is the trick? I am looking to buy a new wireless speaker setup.

Purchase a wooden dowel the diameter of a AA battery and cut two pieces to match the length of the AA's. Purchase a wall wart transformer of correct voltage. Clip the end plug off and split the wires. Attach the negative to one of the dowels and the positive to the other. Insert them in the corresponding directions indicated in the transmitter and close the door. Note, you may have to file or drill a small hole for the wire depending on the style of battery cover/door.
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim - ESC, Inc.
    Backstage since 1973

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BillESC For This Useful Post:

aatsaa (07-11-2012)

Get a wall wart of the correct voltage, clip and tin the leads and then tack solder them to the terminals inside the transmitter. Be mindful of the correct polarity.
    Nick Burke (aka DJ NickyB)
    http://www.NickyB-Entertainment.com
    Gear Board Co-Moderator
    Ex USAF Electronics Tech
    Pro Musician (bass & keyboards) '65-'87 / DJ since '87
    40+ yrs Sr Computer Systems Programmer at NASA/GSFC

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyB For This Useful Post:

aatsaa (07-11-2012)