Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Crickets!

IMHO It was long winded and a lot of TMI.

I'd start by sharing with the potential client the fact that every date is our inventory. Our prices are set by a business model, and we stay in business by providing the best customer service at a price that can keep our business alive.

You might go on to say something like this:

It is easy to think of a DJ as lower on the food chain than a photographer, caterer, venue... untill you put my Aunt Sue with a camera (photographer) next to Ryan Seacrest with a microphone (A DJ/MC Entertainer). You have to decide if you want to hire top notch entertainment, or an amateur for your Wedding Day.

I read a few borderline-insulting things in your letter:
    "Think about your jobs...What would ING tell me if I said I wanted a higher interest on my savings account? Would you be willing to take a pay cut so that I could have it? Of course not! And I wouldnít expect you to either. You are a professional at what you do and deserve to be paid what you are paid, if not more."

"Iím sorry you donít see the value in what a professional DJ can do for your reception."

"Should you change your mind after meeting with other DJs (and I encourage you to do so), I'd be happy to speak with you again, should you change your mind, but keep in mind I can no longer honor my offer of a package upgrade. Two brides that I met with this past week booked my Platinum Package without any upgrades"

This is something you might want to stay away from because it could possibly #1 cost you the sale, and #2 cost you bad publicity on the boards that the brides comment in.

Just some good healthy well-wishing advice.

All the best.
    If you don't think you can or don't want to do something, you are right. If you think you can and want to do something, you are also right.

www.DJTunesOfFlorida.com
    1-888-DJ-TUNES
    Roger

What you'd like to say: "You're spending how much for this venue, dinner, drinks, and some lounge singer that nobody is going to remember? But you want to low ball my services? FU!"

What you should say: "I'm sorry you do not see the value in my high level of service and your otherwise top notch affair. Since price only seems to be an issue with the DJ, you obvioulsy need to find someone else who is not as qualified."

Damn - wrong again.

What someone else said!
    http://www.musicsourcedj.com
    Member of the
    American Disc Jockey Association
    and Springfield Local Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by djtunes View Post
    Crickets!

IMHO It was long winded and a lot of TMI.

I'd start by sharing with the potential client the fact that every date is our inventory. Our prices are set by a business model, and we stay in business by providing the best customer service at a price that can keep our business alive.

You might go on to say something like this:

It is easy to think of a DJ as lower on the food chain than a photographer, caterer, venue... untill you put my Aunt Sue with a camera (photographer) next to Ryan Seacrest with a microphone (A DJ/MC Entertainer). You have to decide if you want to hire top notch entertainment, or an amateur for your Wedding Day.

I read a few borderline-insulting things in your letter:
    "Think about your jobs...What would ING tell me if I said I wanted a higher interest on my savings account? Would you be willing to take a pay cut so that I could have it? Of course not! And I wouldnít expect you to either. You are a professional at what you do and deserve to be paid what you are paid, if not more."

"Iím sorry you donít see the value in what a professional DJ can do for your reception."

"Should you change your mind after meeting with other DJs (and I encourage you to do so), I'd be happy to speak with you again, should you change your mind, but keep in mind I can no longer honor my offer of a package upgrade. Two brides that I met with this past week booked my Platinum Package without any upgrades"

This is something you might want to stay away from because it could possibly #1 cost you the sale, and #2 cost you bad publicity on the boards that the brides comment in.

Just some good healthy well-wishing advice.

All the best.

My feeling is its alot easier to show your worth in certain situations than just telling someone. In my area I have a huge influx of non educated potential clients. I keep getting the normal calls on how much do you charge. But then when trying to educate them. They are surprised that I have actually taken the time to talk with them. If they just cant afford the pricing just thank them and maybe even refer them to someone you trust that may be less expensive. I was reminded last night at a rehearsal about the value of the DJ community and some of the things we do. I tend to go to the rehearsals with a super mini system so the clients could practice with their actual music.

Many of the local DJ's dont offer this level of customer service. The clients and the venue loved it. The planner who was very new to this upscale venue but a pro in the industry. Had not done many ceremonies because her past venue was primarily a large reception facility. She was already told by the main planner that I would be there and to not worry. That I would be there to help her and us to all shine. What a fantastic compliment to have, for them to put the same level of trust in us that our clients do, I love it,
    TNG Digital DJ Services
    The Next Generation In Digital Music

www.tngdj.com
    www.celebrityshotsphotobooth.com