Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just watched the "New" video great showing of what it can do. Question, will the D-Fi plus work with the new lights? I have several of these I'm using now and they work great.
    Jerry Taylor
    A-1 Entertainment
    Dallas, Texas

www.a1dj.net

Founding President : Dallas/Fort Worth ADJA Chapter
    Current Vice President

Just ordered mine a few minutes ago. Can't wait to try them out, should make life a lot easier.
    Hank
    Hank
    hhrdjservices.com

Are they really going to be bright enough? I'm holding out for the new Blizzard wireless DMX and battery operated Pucks due within the next month. They are rated much brighter than these units, although I'm sure these are nice units for the price.
    Ron Ralph
    A DJ TO GO
    www.adjtogo.com
    adjtogo@yahoo.com
    Pensacola's Leader In Quality Entertainment

Interested in comparing the Chauvet Freedom Par with the Blizzard Wireless Puck ...
    -- Anyone know when the Blizzard wireless Puck will be for sale? Do you guys at Pro Audio in Michigan carry them, or will carry them?
    -- are the Blizzard Puck definitely brighter than the Chauvet Freedom?
    -- the Blizzard Puck comes in RGB-A (Amber), which I'm told gives you nicer, truer colors than RGA? Does Chauvet Freedom offer a RGB-A version, or will they plan to?
    -- I very much like the idea of using just an IRC remote instead of DMX (I'm not really a lighting guy and find DMX baffling even tho lighting guys always tell me otherwise!). The Chauvet Freedom gives me the option of changing colors just with an IRC remote? Does Blizzard Puck offer that option?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can enlighted me as to my questions!!!
    Steve Hoffman
    GOOD NOTE DJs
    serving Washington DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia
    http://www.goodnote.com
    steve@goodnote.com
    blogging at http://goodnotedjs.blogspot.com

Yeah, you can use an IRC remote, but that isn't going to get you brightness. Look at the diodes in the pic. They're the same small diodes that came out when LED lighting came out. The reason why they made them small was due to the battery being small and not being powerful enough to hold a charge for the newer and brighter diodes. I'd rather have brightness, than the convenience of a remote IRC. I bought the wicycles so controlling the color is very easy with a DMX board.
    Ron Ralph
    A DJ TO GO
    www.adjtogo.com
    adjtogo@yahoo.com
    Pensacola's Leader In Quality Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by adjtogo View Post
    Yeah, you can use an IRC remote, but that isn't going to get you brightness. Look at the diodes in the pic. They're the same small diodes that came out when LED lighting came out. The reason why they made them small was due to the battery being small and not being powerful enough to hold a charge for the newer and brighter diodes. I'd rather have brightness, than the convenience of a remote IRC. I bought the wicycles so controlling the color is very easy with a DMX board.
    "very easy with a DMX board" ... to those who are familiar with DMX ! to those of us who have never worked with DMX (and who, upon looking at the user manual I found on-line for the Blizzard Puck, found the instructions relating to DMX a bit daunting), it might not be very easy at all!!

-Steve/GOOD NOTE
    Steve Hoffman
    GOOD NOTE DJs
    serving Washington DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia
    http://www.goodnote.com
    steve@goodnote.com
    blogging at http://goodnotedjs.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    Just watched the "New" video great showing of what it can do. Question, will the D-Fi plus work with the new lights? I have several of these I'm using now and they work great.
    I just saw this, sorry.

The only D-FI that works with these units are the 2.4 ghz. My guess is you have the older version and they are not compatible. BUT you could transmit with the new 2.4ghz and then come out the DMX out into your D-fi and continue from there.

The freedom series will not work with the older version but they can still be used in your chain.
    http://proaal.com/blogpics/ProAALlogosig.png

DJ Biff

PLEASE email me sales@ProAAL.com

Follow us on twitter twitter.com/proaal
    Follow us on Facebook facebook.com/proaal

www.ProAAL.com
    www.djsupply.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoffman View Post
    Interested in comparing the Chauvet Freedom Par with the Blizzard Wireless Puck ...
    -- Anyone know when the Blizzard wireless Puck will be for sale? Do you guys at Pro Audio in Michigan carry them, or will carry them?
    -- are the Blizzard Puck definitely brighter than the Chauvet Freedom?
    -- the Blizzard Puck comes in RGB-A (Amber), which I'm told gives you nicer, truer colors than RGA? Does Chauvet Freedom offer a RGB-A version, or will they plan to?
    -- I very much like the idea of using just an IRC remote instead of DMX (I'm not really a lighting guy and find DMX baffling even tho lighting guys always tell me otherwise!). The Chauvet Freedom gives me the option of changing colors just with an IRC remote? Does Blizzard Puck offer that option?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can enlighted me as to my questions!!!
    We do have the unplugged rgb a in stock. The brightness is similar on both units, not a deciding factor, you do need to purchase a Wicycle to run them. You will have more colors available to you based on the amber. The freedom pars are laid out different and as a whole are made differently, not better or worse, just different. Blizzzard does not have a IRC remote that I am aware of. IT is a VERY nice feature that the Freedom par offers.

Nothing I am aware of right now for the next product to be released. Honestly, I would assume end of year before another unit comes out. (that is my GUESS, so don't hold me to that). LDI would be my guess.

DJ Biff

www.ProAAL.com
    www.djsupply.com

Update, many of the guys who ordered a few to try these out have reordered what they needed. The response has been great and so far, no DOA units either which is a plus!

DJ Biff

www.ProAAL.com
    www.djsupply.com

I really need to get out more. May have to run down there this week
    www.djmarke.com
    Fred's Little Buddy