Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hippydog View Post
    (The PV118s dont have the black widow speakers in them,
    They should have one of the black widows in them, but that isn't PVs best sub driver that would be the 800w Lowrider which is found in the QW series.

P.S. OK now I have to correct myself.. hippydog was right the PV series uses the "cost effective" Pro18 series of drivers which aren't even of the same standard as the BWs. And given that knowledge I think Roger you're going to have to be carefull not to overpower these things, 500w from a GX5 may be all they will handle long term.
    Last edited by Conanski; 03-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Paul O
    Old tech guy and know-it-all
    AudioRent
    www.techott.com

I'm using this:
    http://www.samsontech.com/samson/pro...s-class/s2way/

As opposed to the old way I use to cheat by using my EQ to attenuate the lows into the tops and attenuate the highs into the subs.

I'm looking forward to trying out the whole reconfig. soon.

I'll go stereo with the GX5 to the subs, and stereo with the RMX to the tops.

Even though the subs I have are inexpensive I've been booming pretty strong with them for over 4 years now. They hit really low and all around sound pretty strong. Great value in a sub.

Thanks again for thinking this through with me.
    If you don't think you can or don't want to do something, you are right. If you think you can and want to do something, you are also right.

www.DJTunesOfFlorida.com
    1-888-DJ-TUNES
    Roger