Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Ain't Love Grand?

I got a call from a groom in Kansas City, MO, and he wanted to book me. I could tell from the voice, he wasn't the typical 20-something groom. Quite the opposite. After talking with him for a bit, I was quite touched (some would say I'm touched anyway). He's 60 and she's 55. They met over 35 years ago when he was stationed in Italy with the Navy. Shortly after they met, they fell in love and he asked her to marry him. But, he got cold feet and took off. He said it was the biggest mistake of his life. He came back to America, and she stayed Italy. He began to write to her, begging for forgiveness. The love never waned, even though he left. Finally, after 35 years of being engaged, they decided it was time to tie the knot.

I don't know about you, but I love these types of stories. I feel honored that they selected me to DJ their ceremony the reception. They actually got my name from the venue.
    Tom French
    Owner, TLF Entertainment

Ain't Love Grand?
    Only if they pay it Great story. Now are you going to KC or are they coming to Cali?
    www.djmarke.com
    Fred's Little Buddy

They're coming here. Most of the grooms family are from here. In fact, they are pillars of our community.
    Tom French
    Owner, TLF Entertainment

A few months ago I did a reception for a groom 72 and Bride 69. Their first dance was Frank Sinatra's "What Are You Doing For The Rest Of Your Life". They danced every slow dance I played. Kewl couple.
    Jerry Taylor
    A-1 Entertainment
    Dallas, Texas

www.a1dj.net

Founding President : Dallas/Fort Worth ADJA Chapter
    Current Vice President

Nice!

Congrats Tom!
    Keep on Rockin',

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
    USMC '82-'85, 5711/0811
    A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything!!! Robin Williams

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"An amateur trains until he gets it right; a professional trains until he cannot get it wrong!" unknown

Nice story Tom.

I did a wedding for two 55-year-olds last year. Neither of them had ever been married and they were filthy rich. Highest paying event I've ever had (ceremony, reception, dinner music in separate room, uplighting, and photo montage). Very down to earth people too. It was the only photo montage I've done with black and white photos included. One of my favorite memories in my career.

thats a great story, Tom...
    and it'll probably be a wonderful gig.

Funny, my mother in law is from Italy.
    and married a Navy man as well.
    except for the 35-year gap, it's a very familiar story to me!
    Mike Foxx

Should be a great reception, my favorite couple ever was a Groom 68, and Bride ~65. I recently did the groom's 70th birthday.
    Michael W. Junkins
    Music By Mike
    http://www.music-by-mike.com
    Huntsville, AL Wedding DJ

http://www.snapshots-by-mike.com
    Huntsville Photo Booth

Saw a bumper sticker the other day...

"Love is Grand... Divorce is a Hundred Grand!"

Keep on Rockin',

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
    USMC '82-'85, 5711/0811
    A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything!!! Robin Williams

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"An amateur trains until he gets it right; a professional trains until he cannot get it wrong!" unknown