Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Karaoke CDG ripper and burner?

For decades I;ve used Goldenhawk. Alas the site is down, and I cannot get my current version to work, and they do not return calls or emails.

So I need a new software kit.

What are you using ?
    Bill

Begin with the end in sight

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

http://www.northcarolinadj.com

I use Audiograbber (free) for ripping, and Power CDG burner from Powercdg.com.
    Cheers

Earl Holley, BS, PHd
    Cloud Nine Entertainment

"Growing OLD is mandatory.... Growing UP is optional"

Charter member L.D.J.C.; Certified CurmuDJeon; DJ Hobbyist & semi-professional Karaoke Host

Earl, I thank you so much! I tried it out using the free trial version, and was totally impressed. I have bought it and it works great.

Why do you use audiograbber to rip when the package appears to have an adequate ripper inside it?

I'm curious, since the 39 dollar package sems to be an all in one combination, rip, copy and burn. It was flawless.
    Bill

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Just a case of "old dog, new tricks" I guess Bill... I've been using Audiograbber for as long as I can remember. It sees every CD I get, regular or Karaoke, as soon as the cellophane is removed.
    Cheers

Earl Holley, BS, PHd
    Cloud Nine Entertainment

Charter member L.D.J.C.; Certified CurmuDJeon; DJ Hobbyist & semi-professional Karaoke Host

I've never tried audiograbber for karaoke, Earl, that's why i was curious, but I dug through the settings and found it. Thanx so much again for the great advice.
    Bill

My father wants to change from his old disc based Karoke to software and wants to be able to rip his CD-Gs that he has. Problem is that most computer drives won't read the CD-G disc to even rip. What is the secret to getting around this?
    ~CHuck & Vera
    A Sound Choice
    DJ Entertainment
    877-376-4585
    IdahoDJ.com

Has he tried Audio Grabber??? Place the CD+g disc in the drive... and choose the "grab cdg tracks (karaoke)" drop-down under CD (upper left). Then click on "grab to cdg + compressed file"
    Cheers

Earl Holley, BS, PHd
    Cloud Nine Entertainment

Sorry was out of it this weekend. I use tricerasoft ripper. It is very easy. http://www.tricerasoft.com/karaoke_s...tion_Tool.html
    Last edited by smedenver; 12-12-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Alan Ley
    Sound Master Entertainment
    www.smedenver.com
    "Setting the Tone for a Celebration of a Lifetime"