Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NOVASCAN v250-1?

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about the novascan 250-1 light? someone is selling a pair and I wonder if they are worth the purchase? I currently use a pair of ADJ Deluxe scan 250 lights. I love them but they are really heavy...

any info would be appreciated.. also does anyone know of any novascan videos?

Thanks..
    Last edited by unlimitedsounds; 03-01-2009 at 08:21 AM.

I can help you with a video...

Anthony has a bunch of them. I know he has at least four. Here's a video from a homecoming he did.

The Novascans are on the smaller truss. I took the video, and I can honestly say that they cut through the haze and project on to the other side of the gym very well. they are worth i t for the money. They have a better shutter than the Martin SCX500s. The Novascans use a very fast shutter, and the SCX500's use the gobo wheel, so you can't strobe gobos on the SCX500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXVtGG5Jne0

I have 2 of them. They were my first scanners/DMX lights. They've outlasted one of my ADJ concept-2 fixtures. They aren't as accurate as the Concepts are, but they've been reliable, and useful.

When I say accurate, I mean placing them on their mounts, and commanding them to the same location, having them line up perfectly. I've had to modify the mirror mount to get them all to line up symetrically in the center (home) position.
    Jeff Main a.k.a. Jumpin' Jeff
    Musical Madness DJ Entertainment

hmm.. well I am looking at a pair of used ones.. I currently use a pair of ADJ DELUXE SCAN 250s and I wonder if these would be upgrades? I am told you cant access sound activated when in DMX mode?

Bang for your buck the Novascans have been absolutely incredible. I own 8 of them and haven't had an issue with any of them. For the money they do some pretty incredible stuff.
    Anthony
    Dance Party DJs
    Lake Zurich, IL

WEll he two questions I have ..

1. Can I access SOUND ACTIVATED MODE IN dmx MODE?

2. I am told there are issues that when you have more then one they dont always to the same thing in DMX? IE the gobo or colro wheel is off?

HOw heavy are they are are they a good upgrade to my AMDJ Scan 250 Deluxe units?

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedsounds View Post
    I am told you cant access sound activated when in DMX mode?
    If the controller has sound active mode then it doesn't matter. I can tell you mirror movements are very smooth and fluid with a controller that has movement macros(I use Freestyler), the only thing this fixture doesn't have that would make it outstanding is rotating gobos, but what do you expect in a $200 fixture.
    Paul O
    Old tech guy and know-it-all
    AudioRent
    www.techott.com

I am using LUMIDESK and it doesnt have sound activated.. I like being able to access a setting on the software to go into sound mode.. I have a VUE II and it has sound mode and lumidesk has a preset for that when you access direct fixture using..

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedsounds View Post
    hmm.. well I am looking at a pair of used ones.. I currently use a pair of ADJ DELUXE SCAN 250s and I wonder if these would be upgrades? I am told you cant access sound activated when in DMX mode?
    I use Light Jockey on the PC, and it handles all the sound active stuff, stepping through cues and programming.

The Concepts have actual sound active mode that can be accessed via programming.

Don't know anything about deluxe scans, so I won't comment on them, or a comparison to the novascans.
    Jeff Main a.k.a. Jumpin' Jeff
    Musical Madness DJ Entertainment

YEs lightkpckey does sound activated.. what I am asking is you can set the nova scans to sound activated VIA the settings on the unit itself if I wanted to run them without a DMX controller. Some fixtures, when in DMX mode with a controller you can set it to a certain setting and it goes into that sound mode. this is good for times when you dont want to run the DMX programs you have and just want to run them on automatic sound mode..