Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RCF ART 725-A vs EV ZXA5....

Hi Guys,

My main setup has 2 powered yorkvilles EF500p (800 Watts) at 83 lbs and 2 Powered subs LS800p (1500 Watts) at 137.3 lbs...loved them for big gigs, but I feel they're too heavy for my average every weekend party. I do mostly weddings averaging 150-200 guests. I have a smaller setup 2 Mackies SRM450 (400 Watts) and a pair of powered yorkville subs LS700P (700 Watts) I love this last setup, but now I am looking for something in between.

Reading the forums and surfing, my top 2 choices are the RCF ART 725-A

http://www.rcfaudio.ro/art-725-a.php

with these subs: ART-905-AS

http://www.rcfaudio.ro/art-905-as.php

and the EV's ZXA5

http://www.electrovoice.com/products/414.html

As I know I am getting 500 more watts with the EVs, I feel 750 watts from the RCF's are fine, question comes down to sound quality...some people feel RCF will have better quality, that being the case, I'd go for the RCF...but if the difference in quality is small, I rather have the EVs (1250 Watts) Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated.

PS/ I was..maybe still am considering the Bose systems, I just wasn't impressed with the bass cabinets ( I do a lot of latin weddings where bass is not just appreciated but demanded ) If anyone wants to give me some input as long as I get opinions or comparison with the speakers above I thank you in advance.

Louie
    Louie Londono
    Bilingual Entertainer

www.djlouie.com

www.facebook.com/dj.louie.atlanta

Sound is totally subjective, the beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

I personally would recommend the ZXA5's, great sounding, better looking IMHO and all the balls you'll ever need.
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim - ESC, Inc.
    Backstage since 1973

If you're considering a Bose, why not a Dynacord D-Lite 1002 system? Small, lightweight, big sound (a LOT more bass than the Bose) and roughly the same price. The output is not as high as the ZXa5, but that's not really a fair comparison to the Bose either. LOL.

Ben
    NLFX Professional
    Proud supplier of over 25,000 products to the worlds top DJs.
    http://www.NLFXpro.com....1-888-660-6696

prodj@NLFXpro.com

louie,
    I do alot of ethnic weddings, and love the sound that my RCF's put out. In my opinion, they sound incredible. But you have to judge for yourself.
    Im big on EAW & RCF, we have dealers for both that are local around here, and these guys run massive sound production in our area and beyond.So thats what got me hooked with those brands.....
    I also feel Bose is better left for people that wanna hook up there LCD tv to a nice surround sound system. I've been to the Bose main factory in Framingham Ma. when my friend used to be one of their engineer's. I was never convinced by any of their pro-audio line. sorry.But just my opinion.
    By the way, I sometimes bring a set of my EAW's, ( FR SERIES ), run a amp to those, and run a set of set of powered subs ( rcf ) from my booth output on my pioneer mixer. works for me, and sounds incredible. so many options out there....good luck

Bill, Ben and Nino..thanks for your input...Nino, as a fan of Apogee and EAW, I was looking at the EAW NT56 but at $3000 dollars each cabinet and $3000 each subwoofer (EAW NTS22) I can buy 8 EV ZXA5s for the same amount of money...it's just out of my budget
    :-O... anymore inputs?
    Louie Londono
    Bilingual Entertainer

www.djlouie.com

louie,
    I dont have any self powered EAW stuff ( yet ), but have my eyes on those NT'S. sweet. very expensive.
    Im also thinking of setting up a system of line arrays ( crazy ), but would be the first dj in my area to do so, and I have my reasons for wanting to.
    Kinda like the JBL line arrays that you can stack from the ground up. nice.
    hard to judge whats right for you. I love good sound, and can never get enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by ninodj View Post
    louie,
    I dont have any self powered EAW stuff ( yet ), but have my eyes on those NT'S. sweet. very expensive.
    Im also thinking of setting up a system of line arrays ( crazy ), but would be the first dj in my area to do so, and I have my reasons for wanting to.
    Kinda like the JBL line arrays that you can stack from the ground up. nice.
    hard to judge whats right for you. I love good sound, and can never get enough.....
    Nino, You are bad fish my friend...I can only imagine if I lived in your area...lol...it seems we are very alike with stuff like this!
    Louie Londono
    Bilingual Entertainer

www.djlouie.com

Louie,

Consider the KV2 EX 2.2 subs with the ZXA5's. A pair of each give you a 4500w system in the smallest of space yet will simply deliver impressive SPL and fidelity.
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim - ESC, Inc.
    Backstage since 1973

I own a pair of the ZAX5's... they kick serious butt. I got them from Ben at Northern Light FX and he set me up with a sweet deal.

The boom from them is nothing I would have thought from a single cab. For most gigs they would be all you need.

I also own the BOSE system 2 L1's and 4 B1's and it is a great system also.

BUT for Latin weddings and parties, even the ZAX5's will not have the demanding thump in your face that the Latin crowd demands, unless you are doing a smaller party, but when I lived in CA and was doing them, there was no such thing as a small Latin party! LOL
    Chuck "The DJ" Lehnhard

It's BACK!! 20 New Ones - Maui Bikini Pics! **UPDATED 4-20-2009**
    My gallery has been updated, 20 something new shots.
    If girls in bikinis offend you, step away from the keyboard.
    http://www.chuckthedj.com/gallery/th...m=lastup&cat=0

www.ChuckTheDJ.com

My wifes site:
    www.blacksheepbellydance.com

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    Louie,

Consider the KV2 EX 2.2 subs with the ZXA5's. A pair of each give you a 4500w system in the smallest of space yet will simply deliver impressive SPL and fidelity.
    Thanks Bill, I will look into them

Quote Originally Posted by Maui Mobile Music Chuck View Post
    I own a pair of the ZAX5's... they kick serious butt. BUT for Latin weddings and parties, even the ZAX5's will not have the demanding thump in your face that the Latin crowd demands, unless you are doing a smaller party, but when I lived in CA and was doing them, there was no such thing as a small Latin party! LOL
    Chuck...lol! you are right about that...what do you or would you pair up the EVs with for subs?
    Louie Londono
    Bilingual Entertainer

www.djlouie.com