Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Thread: cdg editing

cdg editing

how to edit just the cdg files? all my karaoke files work fine, i just need to edit some of the graphics that come up when the song starts, when these were first ripped, they had pics of women in bikinis and i didnt know how to get rid of them.
    Dancin' Tunes

What brand CDGs are you using? I thought I had seen most of them and I've never seen what you are talking about.

Sorry, can't help with the editing.

cdg edit

they're all-star, etc, a bunch of diff discs. but i'm not sure how to edit an existing cdg file. just before the lyrics comes up, some of them have pictures of vairous things, people. i want to know how to change the pic so i can put in my own logo.
    dont want to have to reRIP all these discs again.
    Last edited by slider57; 01-27-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    Dancin' Tunes

Trevor I think that you cannot edit the existing CDG, because its burned and read only. I have no knowledge of a program that lets you do this with a ripped file, but Icould be wrong.
    Bill

Begin with the end in sight

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

http://www.northcarolinadj.com

Quote Originally Posted by slider57 View Post
    when these were first ripped, they had pics of women in bikinis and i didnt know how to get rid of them.
    Um, why would you want to get rid of THAT?? I'd love to ADD that to my discs. LOL.

cdg

i did find a program called editcdg, however, its pretty complicated.
    now i dont mind the bikini pics but some of my clients may not appreciate it.
    Dancin' Tunes

But I dont think you will be able to EDIT a CDG that you have bought. You would need to rip it and find a program that will take this out for you, then rerip to CD if oyu are a CDG gy and not PC.
    Bill

Begin with the end in sight

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

http://www.northcarolinadj.com

I hope I might get to be of some help...

try a program called CDGFix 3 Super (can be found here http://www.cdgfix.com/index.php?opti...d=17&Itemid=31).

Fantastic program, minimal learning curve and i'm pretty sure it will let you do the editing you are looking for. It has a demo available for download that will let you take it through its "editing" paces to make sure it does what you are looking for.

Let me know if this helps.

Gabriel

Oh...and i just reread Bill's post, and he is right. You'll have to rip it to your computer that is doing the editing... edit the file, and then create a new CDG with your new edit. You can't just edit the physical disc itself.

edit cdg files?

ok guys, thanks for all the help. i'm gonna check out that cdgfix program and see what that does.
    Dancin' Tunes