Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Freestyler Dmx Software..

Does anyone on here us FREESTYLER DMX software? if so do you know where I can ger fixture profiles for a CHAUVET VUE2 and a ADJ DELUXE SCAN 250?

I asked on their support forum but they told me I am not allowed to ask for requests and I have to make it myself....

Thanks...

you are most certainly allowed to ask for fixture files... just register.. Don't know why they told you that...

it's an easy file to make

I'll try to make it for you..

deluxe scan should be a snap also...

download the martin light jockey demo, and find the gobo image folder.. copy all the images into your freestyler gobo image folder.. you should now have every gobo known to man...

here's the channel map for the vue 2 http://www.chauvetlighting.com/produ...%2021_ug-7.pdf

and here's the deluxe scan http://americandj.com/pdffiles/Deluxe%20Scan%20250.pdf

fixture creator can be intimidating at first, but it's really simple once you get the hang of it...

IF you could make those 2 fixtures it would be great!! also do you know how to get the visualizer working so that the fixtures I add automatically show up? I cant get that to work...

while on the freesyler subject, would i be able to use my compuware dmx dongle with freestyler ?
    Musica

Quote Originally Posted by djphenominal View Post
    while on the freesyler subject, would i be able to use my compuware dmx dongle with freestyler ?
    No. There are many supported interfaces available but the one most people I know are using is Entec Open DMX USB. It is inexpensive and a snap to use, just be sure to get a 5pin to 3 pin XLR adapter. These can be purchased from http://www.sirs-e.com/st/open-dmx-us....html?cPath=27

They are out of Houston Texas and they ship fast.

Thank u DJ Dave
    Musica

As far as the profiles go, they are fairly easy to build. All you do is fill in the DMX values for each channel corresponding to a particular feature.

Freestyler Support:

As with any chat board, the same goes for support discussion boards. There are a few anal retentive users who don't want to help, so they just say if you want it do it yourself.
    Ignore them and do a search on the forum, most likely you will find a fixture file you need. I have submitted a few there myself.

I use the Entec Open DMX USB with FS and it is a decent basic interface. I like my Sunlite suite better for the large shows though but has a larger learning curve.

Good luck!