Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Song Suggestions Needed For Awards Banquet Music

I've been searching online for a list of song titles used in awards shows for when the award winner is announced and they come up on stage. I am doing an awards banquet in a week and need to track down some different songs to use. Does anyone have any suggestions on a link for me to get this information or maybe what you've used in the past for something like this?
    -Kevin Owner / DJ
    Side One Sound Mobile DJ Service

Not to be too much of a music snob, I think much would depend upon what type of an award banquet it might be. Would it be possible to share a bit more information?

One that would work for most any show, "Simply the Best."
    Jeremy E Jones
    Entertainment Solutions
    www.ESDJ.com

Group awards:

We are the Champions
    Jeremy E Jones
    Entertainment Solutions
    www.ESDJ.com

It is for a companies annual sales awards banquet for their outside sales team. It is an automotive remanufacturing company with a semi-formal theme. There are several awards presented and I was looking for a few different songs, some with lyrics and some without. When each award winner is announced, I'll play something as they walk up and get their award and then fade it out when the next one is announced.
    -Kevin Owner / DJ

I've used tv and movie themes in the past.
    Most popular Soul Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones
    Theme From Rocky, Match Game, Star Wars Imperial March, American Idol
    Jeopardy Think Music
    www.djmarke.com
    Fred's Little Buddy

rock n roll pt 2

I'm too sexy (for the right crowd)

Get ready for this

It would be great if you had a list of each award. Imagine how great it would be to be able to play a song related to that award or person!

Good luck. If I think of some more generic ones, I will post them.
    Jeremy E Jones
    Entertainment Solutions
    www.ESDJ.com

When you said "companies" did you mean "company's" or is this a combined award banquet for more than one company? If it is more than one company, I would play a different genre for each company.
    Jeremy E Jones
    Entertainment Solutions
    www.ESDJ.com

Depending on the group, you might investigate "car" songs. The other suggestions are good. I've used the beginning of "Praise You" from Fatboy Slim as a transition. Any good, high energy songs will do, and songs like "Taking Care Of Business", and "If I Had a Million Dollars". I thought Scott Faver had a list as well.

Andy

You guys are on the right track...nice job! I was actually thinking more of the TV theme stuff as well...David Letterman, Tonight Show, Price is Right, and more instrumental. I would probably keep the lyrics to a minimum.

I agree with the songs related to cars also. You can mix those in with the other...maybe check out the "American Graffiti" soundtrack for some ideas of classic songs to throw in.

It would also be nice to have a list of the awards, so you can bring the noise with the top honors!!

Good luck!

ooops....typo. It's actually just one company and the awards are for reaching different sales dollar levels for the year. Not a lot of "different" awards but the above suggestions are all good....just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help and I'll continue to check the post for any additional suggestions.
    -Kevin Owner / DJ