Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Apartment Pool Party Flyers and Ideas Needed!

Long Story Short....

I met a rep from "ForRent" magazine, she is going to get me the opportunity to meet several hundred managers of apartment complexes. I need some good ideas on what to put together. Particularly I would like to see some of your flyers, as well as success stories from those of you that have done numerous pool parties in the past. I have done a few here and there, but need some good sellable ideas.

Thanks

Marc
    As Always, It's Just My 2!

Marc V. Taylor
    Shellimark Entertainment
    The Coolest DJs In Town!
    Entertaining Utah Since 1991

Shellimark.com
    UtahWeddingDJ.com
    http://www.shellimark.com/images/bow.gifFeel free to join my ever growing number of worshippers!http://www.shellimark.com/images/bow.gif

Marc,

Try getting ahold of TexasTim who posts here. He does a number of these and might be able to help.
    BigEarl Mangrum
    Pure Energy Productions
    314-353-3030

When I first approached the apartment complex market, I had done so as an avenue for creating leads (considering the demographics of apartment residents) and initially planned on a modest 5% return rate. I grossly under-estimated and as of this date, we are going out on referral only and lead generation is great. Here's what worked for me.

Go through the local apartment locater book/rag and pick out the mid to upscale properties.

Create a database in order to track response and print out labels.

Come up with a CHEAP price and time-frame to suit it. I started back in '94 with a "special" $225.00 price for up to 3hrs ending no later than 5pm.

Create a nice 8.5" X 11" 6-part brochure designed to be printed out and tri-folded. A brilliant yellow paper with some punchy and straight forward graphics work nicely. Be sure to include any games (tube race, bubbles, etc.) that you offer for the kids.

Mail all of the brochures by the end of April or maybe May depending on your region.

Do the gig with as much advertising as you can....banner, cards, etc..

Though it's entirely possible that you'll mail out over a hundred brochures, the minor expense and extra effort will probably be rewarded within the first couple of gigs. Apartment complex functions are a great supplement to business and they take almost no effort.

Good luck.

Marc: check your PM box....Tim
    Tim Stone
    A Big Event Mobile DJ Service
    Fort Worth, TX USA

Excellence isn't an act, its a habit!