Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

blacklight rental help/feedback

hey guys, i've been quiet for a while around here... but i was hoping you could help me out.

i'm a student (my college is in durham, nc btw), and a group i'm in is throwing a blacklight party (which, for once, I'm not DJing), outdoors. it's a little tricky but i've been looking into decent blacklight cannon rentals. the only place i've found nearby is in raleigh. they have several "Nocturne" 400 watt UV flood lights which they'll rent to me for $78 for the weekend.

my question is this

1) i googled these fixtures and found no information. does anyone know anything about them? 400 watts sounds plenty powerful and im looking to rent 2-4 of them.

2) any precautions i should take?

3) does this seem a little steep to anyone?

4) does anyone else know any other places that rent blacklight fixtures, preferably in the triangle area?

thanks!

-Nick
    --Nick

a.k.a. DJ ELiTE

spinning the HOTTEST hip-hop, dancehall, reggaeton, & more for the college crowd

www.dj-elite.com

The rental price seems a little steep to me, but take what yo can get. The cannons should put out (at 2-4) more than you should need.

yea..

I did a party last year and used the AMDJ Black Light Canon http://www.americandj.com/product.as...t=Black_Lights

I used 2 of them and 2 smaller units and it was fine for the entire room...

I can cover a gym with 4 Elation UV washes. You should check out Guitar Center. By me they're having a huge sale/rebate on them.
    Chris Barron
    Double Play Entertainment

I agree that the price looks a little steep, I don't think they're open on weekends so they charged me extra. Our budget just came in from the university though, and it looks doable.

The size of a gym is probably a good rule of thumb of the space I'm working with. 4 should be plenty then. they have two smaller fixtures too- maybe two big ones and two smaller ones? I want to be better safe than sorry, since it is outdoors.

DoublePlay- How cheap is the sale? I'm in the tri-state right now, if they're really that cheap I have no problem driving up to your guitar center to check them out. They're $149 on the website.
    --Nick

a.k.a. DJ ELiTE

spinning the HOTTEST hip-hop, dancehall, reggaeton, & more for the college crowd

www.dj-elite.com

I would go with 4 of the largest ones...better safe than sorry. 4 large ones should give good flexibility in mounting/aiming. What do you plan to mount/elevate them with??
    Copyright 1995 - 2013 Bob Dietrich AD&L
    This post, opinion & viewpoint is copyrighted information.
    It is the sole Property of Bob Dietrich AD&L.
    Do not copy or otherwise use this information or exchange it with
    others without the express written consent of the author.

Bob Dietrich
    Acoustic Dreams & Lightbeams
    Peoria's Finest Disc Jockey Entertainment

Sale?

Please let me know about the sale as well. I dont see anything on the site...

Can you really cover a school gym with 4 Elation UV washes? I've been thinking about picking up enough UV washes for a school gym and marketing it as a Blacklight Party to the schools.

How about the American DJ UV Panel HP?

http://www.americandj.com/product.as...t=Black_Lights

Anyone ever seen them in action? They are pretty big. Maybe a few of them would do the trick. Or maybe I should stick with the pars with purple gels.

Jay

Finally,

How about the Color Kinetics ColorBlast 12 TR UV?

http://www.colorkinetics.com/ls/rgb/colorblast12tr_uv/

Brighter than them all?

Jay