Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's the most reliable brand of dual cd players?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denon

14 21.54%
  • Numark

19 29.23%
  • American DJ

15 23.08%
  • Pioneer

10 15.38%
  • Stanton

5 7.69%
  • Gemini

2 3.08%
  • Tascam

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MOST RELIABLE CD PLAYERS

Just wondering which dual cd-players you guys thought were the most reliable. We've been using Numarks for the last few years and have only been getting a couple of months out of the new ones (cdn 33's) before they have to go to the shop. May have to change brands in the future. Any input from you guys would be appreciated.

Thanx

Jody

I feel this is going to be a very biased poll, not to any particular one brand, but people can really only post what they know. And if someone has used brand X for 7 years, of course they are going to answer brand X.

For me, I have used Denon for about 10 years now, and American Audio for the last 3, and so far IMHO American Audio's players seem to have less down time. Both brands go out on the road just as often as each other. But there are a couple of guys in our company who will swear the Denon's are more reliable. Why?...Because they have never even tried the American Audio's, because in their biased opinion American Audio is junk, because of the name.
    DJ Stevie Ray
    Stevie Ray Entertainment is the Premier Entertainment company in North East Pennsylvania.

Blizzard Lighting LLC. Forum Administrator
    Modesty & sincerity maybe the best to measure of a DJ, rather than what price they are charging.
    jc

Interesting so far...pretty much all over the place.

Good idea for a poll!
    Jim Weisz | TM Studios - PrimeCuts | Regional Manager | p: 972-406-6813
    jweisz@tmstudios.com | www.primecutsmusic.com

Connect with PrimeCuts: Facebook | YouTube
    | Twitter

My claims about the Pioneer CD player seem to hold true.

I find it interesting that as of right now, Pioneer and Gemini have the same satisfaction rating. What a joke. I'm glad I paid $899 for my Pioneer player when I could have had the same piece of Gemini equipment for a lot less.

When Pioneer wakes up and tries to make an effort on the customer service level, I'll at least give them some credit.
    Chris Wagner
    High Impact DJs - Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wagner

I find it interesting that as of right now, Pioneer and Gemini have the same satisfaction rating. What a joke. I'm glad I paid $899 for my Pioneer player when I could have had the same piece of Gemini equipment for a lot less.

When Pioneer wakes up and tries to make an effort on the customer service level, I'll at least give them some credit.

not to mention that with the 4 votes that pioneer has on this poll, ... there are FOUR PIONEER employees/demonstrators/mods on this board...
    Jackie

I am not voting in this poll.

Stevie...appreciate your input. You're right about the simplicity of the poll but space limitation was a factor. I have not personally tried the IMHO American Audio Players but your report on them is encouraging, especially with the comparison to the Denons. The last radio station I worked for (years ago) opted for Denon and I felt the studio version of the single tray units was exceptional. Thanks Again...feel free to touch base with more info on the IMHO Players at hub.ofthe.net.
    htpp://musictothemaxx.com

Hello Wags...Appreciate your input. How has your Pioneer held up (model # if you please) and for how long? It's hard to compare the equipment in such a simple survey but it is helpful for a start. Gemini has some great deals on inexpensive gear, but I have yet to hear anything about their durability over any period of time under standard road operation. Feel free to get in touch with any helpful info for our further gear adjustments. All The Best...Jody....hub.ofthe.net
    htpp://musictothemaxx.com

For about five minutes, I worked at a well known dealer in Troy, Michigan. Their electronic tech is considered the very best in the area. He repairs players every day. According to him, the American Audio is far better than Denon. Not only are the actual components inside the player of higher quality, but they come back to him far less often. We put a ton of them in various nightclubs where they get brutal punishment and they keep rollin' on. Great bang for the buck.

Denon made a name for themselves in radio broadcast booths. When they concentrated on the MDJ market, they cut some corners to lower the cost of their stuff. When they work, there's nothing like 'em. But they go down far too soon. (I have one in for service now. Glad I have my American Audio back-up!)

Pioneer seems to be somewhere in between. They're less prone to failing by themselves, but the top load design of many of their CD players makes them an occasionally handy ash tray or beer glass coaster. Gravity does have a nasty way of pulling CRAP into the CD compoartment, so this is the biggest reason that these have been in the shop.

As for Gemini, all I'll say is that I've tried many of their products over my 23 year DJ career and I always had at least one major gripe. Some I outright regretted. Like American Audio, they have improved over the years and it's great to see, but once bitten twice shy...
    STU & HIS CREW PROFESSIONAL DJ SERVICE
    Support your Local DJ: PARTY HARD! PARTY OFTEN! ( 1990, 2011 Stu Chisholm)

this will almost certainly become a "what CD-player do you use" - most people (not all) have had very limited chance or opprotunity to try a varity of players. I myself have only owned the Pioneer CDJ100's and the Stanton S650. As you know they are both of a very different style. My first pioneer had damage when I opened the shipping box and was replaced very quickly - other than that never had a problem with them. The Stanton has so far caused me no problems at all and I have found it to be a very solid piece of kit.

On that note though - how many stanton owners are there here. (you can subsitute"Stanton with any name brand")
    Cheers

Ron
    aka DJ Doc
    Kingston, Ontario
    www.thebeatdj.com