Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor
    For Karaoke, hands down: Tricerasoft, Swift Elite.

It handles video's, mp3, karaoke and photo montages.
    won't run on my show computer. Processor too slow.
    Definately won't run on back up machine wrong operating system(98SE) as well as processor speed being too slow.
    Love RoxBox will run on both machines 1ghz and 366 mhz processors.
    soon to be able to convert SCDG files as well as mcg and ncg (All CAvs files.)

MTU's Hoster works great --

Works well w/ OTS -- has a singer list --

I agree - you need to demo all the programs out there and decide which fits your environment best!

IMHO, all the KJ programs are trying to be what Sax-n-Dottys hosting program IS. Fast, simple, runs on most any rig, and uses Winamp as its engine. I have been using this software for a few years, and have also tried Tricerasoft products as well, and the KJ plugin for PCDJ. Nothing beats the simplicity of the interface, and ease of use. But you know what, dont take my word for it, just go and download a free 30 day trial at the website. http://www.sax-n-dotty.co.uk/ Oh and BTW, tech support is top notch, email and forum posts are answered withing minutes at times, (i swear he lives by his computer waiting for email,lol) and the price is spot on as well. 42.00 USD. Sax is currently working on a PRO version which will include the ability to record singers, manage rotations, advertise, jingles, remember singers favorite songs, work with playlists to crossfade to music in betwenn singers, etc.. I am Beta testing it now, and love the way it works, but if you dont require all the bells and whistles, and want a great strightforward and easy to use interface, use the Non-pro (for lack of a better word) version of Sax n Dottys Show Presenter. http://www.sax-n-dotty.co.uk/download.htm

Tommy
    I'd rather be a failure at something i love, than a success at something i hate.

As far as OTS is concerned there is no karaoke plug-in available at this time. The chunk information inside of OTS files inside of their studio program has a greyed out chuck "cd+g"...leaving me to believe that there were and are plans to have karaoke available one day.

As far as karaoke software, nobodys opinion counts except yours. Nobody knows what you need, why you need it, who you need it for, what kind of show you are planning on running, etc., etc.

Almost every reputable karaoke software manufacturer that can be found has a downloadable demo available for you to try out. Go to their respective websites, download the demos and try them out for yourself to see which program you are comfortable with and which program meets the needs of you and your shows!

Edited to state that after re-reading the post the second paragraph comes off a little rough...that was not the intent! I don't think you should ask an open ended question such as "what is the best software". Instead maybe..."what features in the program that you are using do you like or dislike for your shows and why?" Sorry if that second paragraph sounded offensive!
    Chuck Newcomb
    Occasional Sounds Mobile DJs
    615-330-5863

Hey Chuck, i see you are located in Nashville TN are! I am moving in a few months to Gallatin, not far away. I am having a place built as we speak. Maybe we could hook up and network a little. Drop me a PM and let me know if your interested. As a matter of fact i will be in Nashville on saturday and sunday, if you have any gigs that are open to the public, give me a shout and i will drop by.

Tommy
    I'd rather be a failure at something i love, than a success at something i hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBotz
    IMHO, all the KJ programs are trying to be what Sax-n-Dottys hosting program IS. Fast, simple, runs on most any rig, and uses Winamp as its engine. I have been using this software for a few years, and have also tried Tricerasoft products as well, and the KJ plugin for PCDJ. Nothing beats the simplicity of the interface, and ease of use. But you know what, dont take my word for it, just go and download a free 30 day trial at the website. http://www.sax-n-dotty.co.uk/ Oh and BTW, tech support is top notch, email and forum posts are answered withing minutes at times, (i swear he lives by his computer waiting for email,lol) and the price is spot on as well. 42.00 USD. Sax is currently working on a PRO version which will include the ability to record singers, manage rotations, advertise, jingles, remember singers favorite songs, work with playlists to crossfade to music in betwenn singers, etc.. I am Beta testing it now, and love the way it works, but if you dont require all the bells and whistles, and want a great strightforward and easy to use interface, use the Non-pro (for lack of a better word) version of Sax n Dottys Show Presenter. http://www.sax-n-dotty.co.uk/download.htm

Tommy

Could you please post a message when the pro version is released, i would be very interested in evaluating it, because it sounds like exactly the kind of features i've been looking for *Swift elite has everything I want, EXCEPT for the singer history/favourites*

thanks

-James

Quote Originally Posted by jclaydon
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBotz

Tommy

Could you please post a message when the pro version is released, i would be very interested in evaluating it, because it sounds like exactly the kind of features i've been looking for *Swift elite has everything I want, EXCEPT for the singer history/favourites*

thanks

-James
    You want singer history plus elite go with RoxBox. Enetrtainer is always gonna require winamp. RoxBox is coming out with their own player on top of having the singer history now. There are changes coming for RoxBox to address separate singer's que of songs to be dropped into the main playing que so you can enter more than one request at a time for each singer. They are also adding a terminal program for being able to replace Songbooks with a search computer. And they are the first out with convertors for all of the CAVs formats.

Better then Roxbox Compuhost. www.karaokeware.com is a much better product and has everyone in the business beaten hands down.
    To be very honest after all the comments about Roxbox I downloaded it and ran the install on two clean machines... within 3 minutes managed to crash it 7 times. on both machines... very unstable and very prone to issues with bad keystrokes...... I'll stick with Compuhost..

Quote Originally Posted by dkron
    Better then Roxbox Compuhost. www.karaokeware.com is a much better product and has everyone in the business beaten hands down.
    To be very honest after all the comments about Roxbox I downloaded it and ran the install on two clean machines... within 3 minutes managed to crash it 7 times. on both machines... very unstable and very prone to issues with bad keystrokes...... I'll stick with Compuhost..
    I've run RoxBox since dec 2004 and have yet to crash my computer.
    Must be something to do with how you operate your computer because i have yet to see that complaint on roxbox's forums. I know for a fact that Frank does a great job responding to any issue that comes down the pike.
    While Compuhost may be a great program it forces people to purchase more than just the show hosting software to get you going. RoxBox gives you everything for one price, Songbook printing, ripper with database for naming the songs, no relying on an outside program to work alongside the ripper. Compuhost's ripper relies on Fast tracks which you have to purchase separately. Let's compare cost- compuhost: $180 for the program, another $50 or so for Fast TRacks verses RoxBox $60 for everything. I 'd purchase Roxbox and use the extra savings to purchase an scdg which roxbox provides aconvertor for- another thing lacking in compuhost.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyG2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dkron
    I've run RoxBox since dec 2004 and have yet to crash my computer.
    Must be something to do with how you operate your computer because i have yet to see that complaint on roxbox's forums. I know for a fact that Frank does a great job responding to any issue that comes down the pike.
    While Compuhost may be a great program it forces people to purchase more than just the show hosting software to get you going. RoxBox gives you everything for one price, Songbook printing, ripper with database for naming the songs, no relying on an outside program to work alongside the ripper. Compuhost's ripper relies on Fast tracks which you have to purchase separately. Let's compare cost- compuhost: $180 for the program, another $50 or so for Fast TRacks verses RoxBox $60 for everything. I 'd purchase Roxbox and use the extra savings to purchase an scdg which roxbox provides aconvertor for- another thing lacking in compuhost.
    You're not honestly trying to compare the songbook creator in Roxbox to FastTracks are you??? On Roxbox's own site he admits to it being seriously deficient! In Karaoke just as anything else, you get what you pay for! Also, I took the liberty of testing the file naming database included with Roxbox, it appears to simply be a repackaged copy of Airwer's database, and we ALL know how extremely inaccurate that is!