Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Christening songs

I have a client who I am doing a Christening for this weekend. She was wondering about any special songs other DJ's might have used. I did one a few weeks ago and the kids name was daniel so I played that and the baby was born in texas so I did a texas song they wanted. Any suggestions on general songs for the christening.

Thanks Dave

Because Christenings can be a litttle slow at times, I try to incorporate something into the party that creates a memorable event. I like to make a photo-op when the cake is being cut. I get the baby's picture with parents, godparents, grandparents etc. If the baby is a girl I'll play something like "Isn't She Lovely", and if it's a boy I'll play "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" by Franki Valli. It makes a really nice moment if you play it up the right way. The type of moment you don't usually get to create at Christenings.
    Affair 2 Remember DJ's
    Middletown, NJ
    www.affair2rememberdjs.com

New Jersey Disc Jockey Network President
    www.njdjn.com

What is a Christening?
    Turn Him Up mobile Christian DJ's
    info@turnhimupdjs.com
    608-220-3289
    www.turnhimupdjs.com

[sarcasm begins]

Lame attempt to be silly and sarcastic...but you may find a hidden gem in this list

• Having My Baby - Paul Anka
    • Baby Baby - Amy Grant
    • The Baby - Blake Shelton
    • Baby Boy - Beyonce Knowles
    • Sweet Child of Mine - Sheryl Crowe/Guns 'N Roses
    • Little Children - Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas
    • Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon
    • This One's For The Children - NKOTB
    • The Little Girl - Gary U.S. Bonds
    • The Little Girl - John Michael Montgomery
    • God Blessed Texas - Little Texas
    • Kick a Little - Little Texas
    • God Must of Spent A Little Time On You - Alabama/'NSync

[/end sarcasm]

However...you may find a gem in that small list. Who knows??

Quote Originally Posted by dj4Him
    What is a Christening?

chhaaaaaaa......as if a Christian DJ would NOT know what a Christening is....chhhhhaaaaaa riiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttttttt

How about..."Da Dip"... :P

Seriously though...how 'bout "Blessed" by Elton John -- or -- if it's a girl-child..."Thank Heaven (for little girls)" by Maurice Chevalier
    Keep on Rockin',

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
    USMC '82-'85, 5711/0811
    A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything!!! Robin Williams

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"An amateur trains until he gets it right; a professional trains until he cannot get it wrong!" unknown

Ok...so eather it means the person is having a party for a baby, or it is like a baptism....I'm assuming baptism???? Really have no clue...
    Turn Him Up mobile Christian DJ's
    info@turnhimupdjs.com
    608-220-3289
    www.turnhimupdjs.com

dj4Him-

Please forgive the ignorance of your fellow DJs as hopefully they will forgive yours.

Christening is c ceremony of the Roman Catholic, Church of England, and Episcopal churches. It is also a form of infant baptism, something which a number of Protestant Churches do not do. If dj4Him lives in a community where there are not a lot of Catholics or Episcopal churches, he wouldn't be aware of Christenings.

In some cultures and churches, it must take place in the church building. In others, it may take place in an even facility and be treated as a social event.

If the ceremony is in the same room as the reception, the DJ may very likely be expected to provide appropriate ( gentle baroque classical or possibly acoustic New Age) music prior to the ceremony and then more afterwards.

It is usually considered a "proper" social event where not much dancing will be expected unless there are numerous children. The DJ would need a simple ceremony system, probably a wireless lavalier for the Priest or Monsignor, and be dressed in a suit or coat and tie.

There have been several good suggestions for music. I would add just one:
    Lonestar - Let Them Be Little
    If you want respect, demand it. Require payment up front.