Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here's another Active Subwoofer option ~ Crest Audio LQ15

128dB SPL peak output @ 33Hz

1000 watts continuous power with GCL™ circuitry or…

500 watts subwoofer power with 500 watts to power full-range satellite speakers!

Standalone, electronic 2-way or three-channel operation

Built-in CPS-1203 Spectrum Enhancement circuitry

15-inch cast-aluminum frame low frequency transducer with Kevlar®-impregnated cone, 4-inch long-excursion voice coil and massive Focused Field™ magnet structure (output rivals most 18-inch woofers)

Self-venting Class H amplifier with huge toroid transformer

Stereo/mono switch

Input level control

Stereo dual-purpose balanced XLR/1/4" TRS and RCA inputs plus XLR signal pass-thru and ground lift switch

XLR High Pass (120Hz, 24dB/oct) outputs with ground lift switch

Neutrik® Speakon® outputs to left and right satellite speakers

13-ply Baltic Birch enclosure coated with truck-bed-quality polyamide

Baked-on powder paint grille

Integral pole mount cup

Removable castor rollers

Steel, recessed side handles

Weight-balanced for easy transportation and set-up

1000-WATTS! Add massive low bass to any speaker system with the most versatile subwoofer ever!
    Hands down, this is one of the most amazing active subwoofers ever designed.
    Not only does it have the ability to drive satellite speakers but it also includes Spectrum Enhancement circuitry from our CPS-1203.
    You can add LQ-15PSWs to any existing passive or active sound reinforcement system — or pair ‘em with our LQ™ and CPT™ Series for extra octaves of tight, steel-fisted bass.

The woofer alone is awesome.
    If you know anything about low frequency transducers you’ll appreciate this one. Cast aluminum frame. Kevlar®-impregnated cone. Four-inch voice coil with a 1.15-inch winding (80% longer than standard woofers) for better heat dissipation and long cone travel. Epoxy winding overcoat. Copper ribbon leads. Nomex® spider. And a 20-pound magnet structure cold-forged from ultra-low carbon steel billet.
    It’s powered by a thousand-watt Class H amplifier with a huge toroid transformer. Gain Compensation Limiting (GCL™) lets the amp work to its maximum without audible clipping.

A whole “rack” of signal-enhancing electronics inside.
    The LQ-15PSW can deliver so much bass that we’ve added Spectrum Enhancement circuitry to create more by synthesizing frequencies an octave below the program material. And because the LQ-15PSW can also run full-range satellite systems, there’s a treble Xpanse control. See page 12 for a full explanation of this unique circuit.
    Also included are two stereo electronic crossovers which can be used at the same time! (one for high pass and one for satellite speakers), infrasonic filter and speaker protection.

Quality on the outside, too.
    The LQ-15PSW is built of 13-ply Baltic birch “so dense we had to turn up the air guns to put screws into it” as Jon Risch, one of its developers noted. The enclosure is coated with polyamide, the same material used for aftermarket spray-on truck bed linings. Since the Kevlar-impregnated cone is weather-resistant, we made sure the powder-coated grille paint is, too.
    And because the LQ-15PSW isn’t exactly feather-weight, we added integral, industrial-grade castor rollers on the back and hefty, cast-steel handles on each side.

Don’t buy a subwoofer until you’ve heard (and felt) the LQ-15PSW.
    No other sub can enhance bass and actually create more of it. No other sub can do double duty as the amp for a full-range system. And few if any have the sheer impact of the LQ-15PSW. Check it out at your Crest Performance dealer today.

--------

It's 112lbs.. a little heavy, but it can power TWO satellite speakers.

Hmm... maybe just what i need PLUS two SX300 for my smaller gigs.
    Jackie

Don't flame me for my opinion but I think the cabinet is ugly.

I could never take that into a wedding....

It propably sounds great!

Just get the grill powder-coated black, no biggie...
    Regards, Steve
    www.musicmaestrodj.com

Um, no.

Just because the grill is black won't make the cabinet any more appealing.

It screams "cheap" to me...

Sorry... just my opinion. I am sure most will like it though...

Scott

I actually LOVE the grill look. It's funny because the same thing was said by several people about the new Peavey speakers. They have a similar silver grill on the front. Guess you love it or hate it. I like it...it's kind of a retro look.

What about price?

Does Crown have matching active two way speakers for this system?

I expected that... I also do not like the look of the new Peavey's.

Call me old fashioned but the new retro look is maybe a bit too retro for me...

Scott

Having a really hard time finding anyone that carries Crest...even locally. Anyone know of a dealer online?

Dawg,
    I can pick up crest as a dealer pretty easy if there is enough interest.
    Brandon Fisher
    B.L.F. Productions
    www.djbrandonfisher.com

my subs are always hidden, even a pair of T36's can be hidden from frontal view. this is the first cabinet with a non black grille that I like the look of. The peaveys are bad and the EV Gladiator's are hideous. retro can be a very bad thing. If the LQ15PSW sounds half as good as the LQ12(which sounds incredible for its price) I'm game.
    Chris

but what is the price?