Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

The rainforest island paradise of Douglas, Alaska

Chauvet Stage Wash 900 & 1500

Anyone have experience with these fixtures. It's part of my everlasting quest toward finding cost-effective wash fixtures for general stage lighting.
    Eric Caldwell
    DJ/VJ In Hiaitus
    "I think the only one here who really has a viable 'market' complaint is Eric" (Valerie Ruste)
    I Live Here

Yeah, Ive been looking at them as well but am concerned about the current draw. 12.5A / fixture is a lot to have to swallow although one does get full color options. The $ is fairly attractive as well. Just might have to get one or two and try them.
    Joe Gardner

Simply Sound & Lighting
    Euclid, OH

www.simplysoundandlighting.com

We could learn a lot from crayons:
    some are sharp, some are pretty,
    some are dull, some have weird names,
    and all are different colors but they all
    have to learn to live in the same box.

Eric -

I just bought two Elation Stage Colors (RGB mixable PAR-56 w/3 bulbs). Haven't tried them on a gig yet as I'm programming them into my Martin 2518 controller. I can tell you, with three HPL-375's in each fixture, they are really BRIGHT and put a lot of light a long way out. The biggest problem I anticipate is current draw and setting for specific colors other than the basic three (Red, Blue, Green). It's quite different than programming a color changer or moving yoke using CMY. I plan to use the pair strictly for color fill on the floor at all my weddings. These are 3 channel dmxable, completely dimmable and built pretty solid. I'll let you know.

NickyB
    Nick Burke (aka DJ NickyB)
    http://www.NickyB-Entertainment.com
    Gear Board Co-Moderator
    Ex USAF Electronics Tech
    Pro Musician (bass & keyboards) '65-'87 / DJ since '87
    40+ yrs Sr Computer Systems Programmer at NASA/GSFC