Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Peavey Q-Wave

Peavey Q-Wave

Without having a bash session on Peavey, what are some honest opinions on these speakers? The whole series looks to be very impressive and would be great for large audiences. Any opinions or better yet experience with them.

Brett
    Brett Kaufman
    Brett Kaufman DJ Production
    Owner/DJ

I have yet to use them, but I am extremely pleased with the performance and durability I got out of the SP-G and X series. I did speak with a local sound guy who uses two of the QW218 subs and is extremely pleased as well, and since these are a step up from SP, they must be nice. But....they are Heavey

Sean

Why does peavey get such a bad rap?

I used peavey sp1's and sp3's with black widows and scorpions back in the hay day and thought they were great...also the peavey cs800 amp has proven to be a tank

awsome line........

my freind uses the peavey qw line up,the qw-118s with 1700 watts each to the via qsc-plx3400 amps,they are bad ***,never hurt them yet,and the qw-2 @under $900 each are way cool,1600 watt power handeling and a 4 inch titanium coil driver on the top,check it out 4 inch on the horn.i am a fan of peavey,and qsc-plx amps,light weight low amp draw,oh yeh

I use SP-2Gs and SP-118s- never had a problem, and they sound great. The only issue I might have with them is that they do suck a lot of power. It seems like I get a little lees sound for my wattage than some of the other brands- but all in all, they're reliable, great sounding pieces of equip.

Brett
    www.powerplay-dj.com

LOVE my new QW 218 subs

Hey I just got my early Christmas present from Santa
    2 QW 218 subs and 2 crest 10004 amps
    I dont think i have ever had BASS like this before or heard any better
    sounding in my life.
    i bridged both sides on 1 (there a 4 channal amp) it gives me around 6000 watts per channal and i have 2 subs so that 6000 watts to each sub
    WOW it sure sounds like it too.
    and i use the other amp to power my 4 ( 2pair of duel 15'') full range speakers 1250 watts to each channal at 4 ohms .
    my gig box used to weigh about 300 pounds now its about 175 sure helps out alot let me tell you since Peavey bought into crest there warranty seems to be the best in the market i think.
    Monte

How much are those qw 118 and 218 subs?

Also, how much are those crest 1004 6000watt amps?

And how much does all of this weigh?

Maybe I'll go crazy and buy back breaking speakers again so I can get some serius base again

i like em

the qww-218 is around 950 each if you check around a and a plx-3402 or a crown -ce-4000 can be bought for under 1000.one bridged per cabnet,wow 0ver 3500 watts per,awsome.

how much

I got the QW 218 subs for 743.00 each and i got the crest 10004 amps for 2200.00 . ( around the same price as that cheap qulity crown )lol
    you only need 1 amp for a pair of qw 218 subs see its a 4 channal amp that you can bridge twice per 2 channals making it a 2 channal at 6000 watts per channal
    6000 hard hitting true watts per inclosure its the amp that crown and some of these other companys WISH there were
    Monte

Re: how much

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardproductions
    I got the QW 218 subs for 743.00 each and i got the crest 10004 amps for 2200.00 . ( around the same price as that cheap qulity crown )lol
    you only need 1 amp for a pair of qw 218 subs see its a 4 channal amp that you can bridge twice per 2 channals making it a 2 channal at 6000 watts per channal
    6000 hard hitting true watts per inclosure its the amp that crown and some of these other companys WISH there were
    Monte
    Well what a stupid message

Crest, like Crown/QSC/Lab.Gruppen and many others are very good and reliable companies. You don't need to bash X to make Y great This is called respect and ethic...

And FYI, sonically speaking I prefer 100 times a LAB.Gruppen fp6400 (rated at 2x3200W under2 ohm load) over your Crest 10004. And at 20lbs for the LAB.Gruppen vs the 137lbs Crest dinosaurus technology I will save my back too ! I don't even speak of power consumption, you need a thermonuclear to run your amps...

So maybe you are happy with your xmas toys but IMHO many of us will not..