Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Register Now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Toad, Where's this club that your gonna be hooking up at soon located? I would like to come out and see ya in action.
    Upbeats Mobile Music DJ's

$ in northern ontario

i work in one of the busier/larger clubs up in sault ste. marie, ON
    that has dj most of the week and bands on the weekend. although the club is fairly busy...the owner knows that most of the clubs only pay $8 - $10 hour for a dj. On the weekends...i get paid $50/night to play from 10-11 pm (usually just a mixed disc) then 2 1/2 hour sets when the band breaks....not bad money for what i'm doing... ON the busiest club night...they only pay $100. When the debate came into play for more money on the busy night...they said "well, the pay's been the same for 8 years and it's enough"

Well, i approached them about some theme nights and off-nights and the debate came up about how i would get compensated. The agreement we came up with was...i do all the work promoting it...the club would pay the servers and i had a choice...% of nightly tapes or try a cover and pay myself out of that (as well as pay my bouncers and door person) - we went the cover charge route and after 6 weeks am generally making anywhere from 300 - 500 every tuesday after paying everyone.

Try this approach on an offnight and u may do well if you're ambitious...

Las Vegas, Nv- 'The Entertaiment Capital of the World"
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Luke
    I think it really depends on where your at. A vegas club DJ is going to get more than me who works in ohio.
    The first sentence is true, but your second statement may or may not apply.

In a lot of bigger cities there is a surplus of DJ's (when tallied against the number of available gigs)...pushing down the rates paid to entry-level DJ's.

I get a lot of DJ's offering to play for free in the place I work at.
    Thanks Mark!

Although Im a mobile Dj, I do know quite a bit about clubs being that many of my friends spin clubs in NYC. Most of them are getting anywhere from 300 to 1G a nite, so I guess you can base it on that, and what city you are in. Good luck with the club.

- Gio
    John Perrone
    Dj Gio
    Blazin' Beatz Entertainment
    www.bbedj.com