PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Intro Songs - What do you use?

Scotty
05-15-2003, 04:40 PM
What music (if any) do you play for the introduction of the Parents / Bridal Party / Bride and Groom?

I had often used:

1. Going to the Chapel (for Parents / Bridal Party)
2. Then switched over to Rock N Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter for the B & G

I had a videographer tell me how much clearer it comes out if there are no vocals in the background during the introduction. So I have been using:

1. Sirius - Alan Parsons Project
2. Get Ready For This - 2 Unlimited

Wondering what others are using for their weddings.

THANKS.

Scotty

digitaldj
05-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi Scotty,

I use a variety of instrumental and vocal songs to introduce the B+G w/wedding party. I will limit myself to my top 3 selections. They are:

Love's Theme- Barry White
Wedding Day- The Bee Gees
Brazilian Stomp- Earl Klugh

I like your choices, Scotty. I use Going To The Chapel for my video montages. Peace!!

Bryan Durio
05-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Winelight - Grover Washington, Jr. It has the same cool uptempo feel as Just the Two of Us (which is a track on the Winelight album), but it's instrumental and it's 7:32 for those LARGE wedding party introductions!

jwg
05-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Some other good ones are:

Feels So Good - Chuck Mangione
It Had To Be You (Instrumental) - Harry Connick
Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire - David Foster
Music Box Dancer - Frank Mills
Herb Alpert - Rise
Robert Miles - Children

dj_mystic
05-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Wow, John! I like the Robert Miles idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Dj Mystic
Vortex Sound & Lightning
"A Whirlwind of a Difference!"

djstevieray
05-15-2003, 10:47 PM
*Traditional* "stuffy"
Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire
The Wedding Song - Kenny G

*Uptempo* "Fun"
Soul Bossa Nova - Austin Powers Theme
Rock & Roll Part II - Gary Glitter

Sometimes for a build up for the B&G
The intro of the Jock Jams CD with Michael Buffer doing "Let's Get Ready To Rumble" into Get ready for this.

Bryan Foley
05-15-2003, 10:48 PM
For those brides who want uptempo stuff, I will loop the intro to Van Halens "JUMP" or loop the intro to "Come On Eileen" from DMR.

I recently had a bride who wanted U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name" because her & her Fiance saw them on their first date so I looped and remixed it to work out for them.

John Allo
05-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Bryan, I've had to loop a couple of times over the years, once to the main riff of U2's "Desire" and another to the intro riff of Paul Simon's "Late In The Evening."

Other good instrumentals I've used to voice over include TSOP by MFSB (also known as the Soul Train theme), and a couple of nice blues guitar jams: Oh Yeah by Johnny A, and Bobby-Q by Bobby Parker.

The Robert Miles one is great, especially for a bride and groom, becaue the song has a great buildup and if you nail your vocal right, you hit the song just as it all kicks in.

My background in radio, where talking up every song was required certainly helps in this regard.

Rich@RPM Music
05-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Bobby Morganstein has a Grand Entrance CD which has a couple of great ones to use including an instrumental of "Puttin' On The Ritz".

I've also used WWF wrestling theme from Kurt Angle (sp?). Wrestling fans always got a kick out of it!

djshy
05-16-2003, 06:51 AM
I use Children by Robert Miles for the Bridal Party.
For the B&G I use Get Ready by 2 Unlimited.

I've also used 5th of Beethoven from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack for the B&G intros.

Mark Beecher
05-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Everlasting love - Natalie Cole with the intro looped till the b&g are introduced.
That's my favorite.
How sweet it is - James Taylor live version is my second favorite.

djthawk
05-16-2003, 07:56 AM
I've used anything from David letterman theme to Chaple of love to a cool instrumental of Another Brick In the Wall. I alway get a feel of what the bride and groom taste is then the mind goes to work to make it special and fun.
DJ Thawk

Jeff Nelson
05-16-2003, 10:03 AM
WOW, I thought I was the only one using Robet Miles "Children" for my grand entrance. I use that for everyone except the bride & groom, once I introduce them I change the song to "Fantasmic fanfare", I que it in 59 sec. and it really makes the moment special. (Fantasmic is a Disneyland show they do on the water. CD is available at the park or online)
Another fun intro is the theme song to Austin Powers.
I FEEL THE GRAND ENTRANCE SETS THE MOOD FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT.

djdj
05-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Rockys theme works for me!

DJ Wes
05-16-2003, 03:13 PM
If it's to be a classy more traditional intro, I like to use 'Down by the Old Mill Stream' by Harry James (instrumental) for the bridal party intros followed by 'In The Mood' by Glenn Miller for the B&G. If it's to be just the B&G, I recommend 'It Had To Be You' by Harry Connick Jr. It has a great big band intro to lead off with and if you time it just right you can have them enter the room right as the song breaks down to the piano and vocals only part. Works great for me.

mansour
05-16-2003, 10:53 PM
I often use a Glenn Miller Medley that starts with "In The Mood" - It's a modern recording so it sounds great. Uptempo, classy and recognizable.

Do you guys ask the couple what music they want specifically, or do you simply ask what "style" of music they like for their intro, or perhaps you don't even ask them at all?

- Rob

Jim Weisz
05-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Do you guys ask the couple what music they want specifically, or do you simply ask what "style" of music they like for their intro, or perhaps you don't even ask them at all?

- Rob

I was just thinking the same thing. The only time I pick is when they absolutely don't want to pick. I encourage them to choose on their own, but I will give them suggestions if they need them. 9 times out of 10, they choose themselves and I prefer it that way.

Shelly
05-17-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi guys
I use many of the one's already mentioned but I also use
Oh La la - The Wiseguys for the Bridal Party
Sometimes: Love Can MOve Mountains - Celine Dion
ANd the Rocky Theme or Star Wars Theme.

John Allo
05-17-2003, 06:06 AM
He reads the replies and says in jest, "But if you let the couple pick their own entrance song, aren't you being nothing more than a human jukebox? I mean, where is their appreciation for your skill and talent as a DJ to play the best music?"

And then he wonders how many who would "never be a human jukebox," who would never allow their customers to pick out every song, can justify their comments in this thread which seem to completely contradict similar comments made in other threads?

Patrick Smiley
05-18-2003, 02:23 AM
My favorite for the Grand Entrance is the 2000 mix of Celebration by Kool & The Gang. I get everyone on their feet and clapping along. I drop the volume slightly during the talkover and then take up an extra notch or 2 as the B&G come in.

djparte
05-18-2003, 07:29 AM
I use Children for the parents
Gary glitter for the wedding party
I'll be there for you for b& G

I had a bride and groom recenlty walk into It's the end of the world as we know it.

unlimitedsounds
05-18-2003, 11:49 AM
I use Paul Hardcastle "Rain Forrest" as well as some of the others already mentioned.. I made an edited version of "get ready for this" by 2 unlimited for when the bride and groom come in.

Moonlight
05-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Dario G "Sunchyme"
U2 "Beautiful Day" (has vocals though)
Nine Inch Nails "Closer"

Just kiding about the Nine Inch Nails one. But I did once have a bride and groom have that for their intro song. I had to bleep out the bad word.

Bill_Goode
05-19-2003, 07:57 AM
I have been using the above songs, and also Misorlu (sp?) by th Spaghetti Surfers...

sonic10
05-19-2003, 08:06 AM
this weekend i used " get the party started " by Pink for the bridal party and an upbeat song from Keith Urban.

Discman
05-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Recently:

Grandparents & Parents: Opening Theme From "Twister" The Movie
Bridal Party and B&G: Peter Gunn Theme (Blues Brothers)

djdunick
05-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Most of the time I use a slow building remix of 'Even better then the real thing' by U2 for the bridal party followed by 'Good Lovin' by Grateful Dead for the bride and groom. Have gotten very positive responses from reception crowds. Have also used 'Are you ready for this'

SoundsLikeFunDJ
05-21-2003, 07:17 PM
I let the couple pick their own song, but I have a list of strong suggestions. Among those suggestions are a highly edited (by me) version of Disney's Fantasmic song, the theme from SWAT, Green Onions etc.

Also, don't forget that the theme from the first Father of the Bride movie is great for an entrance or the cake cutting.

My preference is for songs that are high energy and completely instrumental. In the light of the old adage "You never have a second chance to make a first impression" this is a great opportunity to really demonstrate to the guests that you are out of the ordinary.