PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming Court Introduction Songs

Darrell Osborne
01-13-2005, 09:05 AM
I got a call yesterday from my contact for Saturday nights Homecoming dance (private school - I think that is why its this late) to ask if I would be willing to do their Homecoming courts introductions the night before at the basketball game. After agreeing on a price he informed me that he thought I might have some good intro music to play while they were being introduced "...maybe something with some horns...". Anyway I have some ideas but nothing with horns.

Anyone out there have any recommendations, with or without horns? It's a christian school if that sparks any ideas.

Thanks

Bryan Durio
01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Is it Mount Pisgah?

nloui
01-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Hmmm horns... Whenever I think homecoming introductions I think slower songs even like Norah Jones type songs

Jim Weisz
01-13-2005, 09:41 AM
When I announce the court (or even just make general announcements) at school dances I use instrumentals of popular songs as talkover beds. This usually keeps the students moving a bit and it keeps their attention. In Da Club and any Eminem instrumental usually get the best reaction for me.

I'm not sure if that helps for what you'll be doing but you could try it out for dances if you want.

Master DJ
01-13-2005, 02:54 PM
I like to use "The Coronation March." It is a classical piece. May or may not work for you.

Darrell Osborne
01-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Yeah, the horns thing kinda threw me also.

I have used and do prefer to use some sort of instrumental as well, like the Hidden Beach - Unwrapped CD. Current hip-hop in a jazz genre. I will have those on hand.

I also checked out the Coronation March via iTunes, I'm gonna bring this one as well. I think this will work great if horns is what they want.

I had forgot to mention that the plan is to have color gaurds, swords, & the whole nine. Kinda like a military school, but it's a christian academy. I let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

BBBuffalo
01-14-2005, 07:38 AM
What about some of the Bobby Morganstein CD's with grand entrances?

Are you thinking of something like that, or just some cool upbeat songs with horns?
For instance Aretha's RESPECT starts off with some cool horns.
Would it be too late to find out some personal information about each of the people you will introduce to make it a litte more personal? Maybe ask them for their favorite songs, or something?